JOB GROUP K – PERMANENT & PENSIONABLE
Salary scale as per the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
- Providing technical advice in animal production, Livestock Marketing, Range Management, Apiculture and ranching;
- Promoting economic Livestock Farming;
- Participating in organizing extension activities which include field days, Agricultural shows Field demonstrations, Farmer field schools and farm visits.
- Participating in collaborative research activities;
- Disseminating Livestock Production technologies such as construction of Livestock housing and structures, Milk production, Pasture and Fodder production and conservation, Farm Planning, Gross Margin analysis, On-Farm feed formulation;
- Implementing livestock production programmes/projects in areas such as dairy cattle farming, beef cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, poultry, rabbits, camels, donkeys breeding programmes, fodder production and conservation, value addition to livestock products, apiculture, emerging livestock and other animal husbandry interventions
- Capturing Maintaining and storing livestock data
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science, Animal Production, Animal Husbandry, Dairy Science and Technology, Animal Production, Farm Management, Range Management or Natural Resource Management from a recognized institution
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision
- Certificate in Computer applications from a recognized institution (added advantage)
- Must have at least 1year experience in relevant field
- Satisfy the requirements of chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and integrity
How To Apply
Interested applicants should download the respective job application forms from the county’s official website using this link vihiga.go.ke/career.html
Fill and submit one hard copy for the best vacancy of interest in a sealed envelope to the office of the Secretary/CEO of the County Public Service Board. Remember to indicate the position applied on top of the envelope and drop it in the Governor’s Building,Ground Floor Room 03.
Deadline for the applications is 31st January,2019 by 5.00pm.
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P.O. BOX 880-50300,
County Government of Vihiga is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing, giving or accepting bribes will lead to automatic disqualification and prosecution. Only shortlisted
Candidates will be notified.