Our client, a leading law firm in Mombasa is looking to recruit for an Associate Advocate.
- Giving personalized Legal services to a wide range of Corporate and Individual clientele.
- Degree in Law from a recognized University.
- Professional qualification – Post Graduate Diploma from the Kenya School of
- 2 years’ post admission experience
- A member of the Law Society of Kenya with a Current Practicing certificate
- Preparing and drawing all pleadings within the designated docket;
- Conducting timely pre-trial preparations, authorities and witnesses;
- Attending to Court punctually for hearing, Mentions, Rulings and Judgments and in line with the supervisor’s instructions;
- Attending Courts, Tribunals, meetings with punctuality and readiness;
- Prompt client update on the outcome of the Courts;
- Ensuring all documents, correspondences and emails are properly filed in the server always and consistently updated in line with the firm’s policy;
- Ensuring that all files under your care are neatly arranged and records promptly updated including emails and call logs; and
- Attending to all status review meetings with the Supervisor at the Departmental level as scheduled and well prepared.
- Timely attendance to Clients as follows:
- Attending to clients in the office promptly and well prepared
- Responding to emails within 12 hours of receipt;
- Responding to letters within 24 hours of receipt of instructions from the Supervisor; and responding to telephone messages within 2 hours of receipt of message.
- Advising and circulating newsletters or e-alerts to Clients in respect of any new developments.
- Advising and updating the Clients on all material developments in their matter on a regular basis.
- Advising and updating Clients in respect of any new developments in law or practice relevant to their areas of interests.
- Giving Clients sound legal opinions including unsolicited opinions in regard to matters under my care.
- Attending to Client meetings in time and well prepared.
- Preparing periodic reports to Clients in line with the Client’s reporting calendar and ensuring that clients have received the same and scheduled meetings with the relevant partners.
- Attending periodic meetings with clients to boost business relationships.
- Seeking periodic feedback from clients on whether they are satisfied with our services and discussing with the Partner areas of improvement.
- Facilitating client trainings on new developments in law practice relevant to their areas of interests.
- Billing/raising of fee notes by having a weekly updated statement of all outstanding fees and DRNs broken down on a client to client basis and with an aging analysis.
- Collecting fees by preparing weekly/ monthly collection target list for follow up by Accounts Assistant.
- Reviewing monthly billings and collections and ensuring that the set monthly targets are achieved.
- Ensuring cost management on file to file basis in line with the Departmental targets.
- Supervise and guide the pupils in the DRR Department.
- Supervise and guide the legal assistants in the DRR Department.
- Ensuring compliance with the set internal processes by the Pupils/Students under your supervision.
- Conducting detailed research for review by the Advocate.
- Attending and facilitating trainings with an objective of obtaining knowledge as per the training calendar.
- Proper planning and time management.
- Good Negotiation skills.
- High level of integrity, transparency and accountability.
- Good Drafting skills essential.
- Basic financial and general management knowledge.
- A good grasp of the socio-economic environment.
- Punctuality in all meetings, internal and external and in attending court/tribunals.
- Knowledge on emerging trends in Social, Economic and Political fields.
- Presentable and professional at all times in appropriate dress code;
- Good communication, problem-solving interpersonal and time management skills;
- Organization and supervision skills
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge send your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th February 2019. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Stratostaff is an Equal Opportunity Employer.