Job Group ‘H’
The Department of Education is seeking for 100 suitably qualified candidates for the position of ECDE Teacher II in Early Childhood Development (ECD) Centres in Mombasa County.
- Preparation of professional and administrative records.
- Promote the best interest of the child and the institution.
- Promote quality care; nutritional and health status of the children.
- Ensure only approved ECDE syllabus and quality education is applied in the ECDE centre.
- Implement a Centre-based feeding programme and ensure compliance of National safety and health standards.
- Ensure holistic development of the children’s knowledge, spiritually, socially and mentally.
- Preparing relevant teaching/ learning and play materials.
- Manage and ensure smooth transition from Home to ECDE, and ECDE to Primary.
- Monitor and ensure optimal growth, health and safety of the child.
- Compile achievement/ progress reports on the overall performance of the children in in KG I, KG 2 and KG 3.
- Sensitize parents and mobilize community stakeholders on their respective roles in ECDE programmes.
- Treat all the learners equally without any discrimination on ethnicity, sex, religion, colour, race or economic backgrounds.
- Ensure that the methodology used in ECD Centre shall be child-centred with emphasis on play, active participation, thematic, use of concrete manipulative materials, early stimulation, holistic learning and adapted for children with special needs.
The ECDE teacher II must:
- Be a Kenyan citizen above 21 years old.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade D plain or proficiency certificate in ECDE
- Possess a KNEC Diploma for ECD 2-years training course or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Possess three (3) years’ experience in ECDE
- A certificate in ECDE with six years’ experience
- Registered by Teachers Service Commission with a valid license to practice as a teacher.
- Have good written and oral communication skills.
- Applicants should clearly indicate on the envelope and application letter the position applied for.
- Applicants MUST attach copies of CV’s, academic and professional certificates.
- Current clearance certificates from CID, HELB, EACC and KRA
- Confirmation of Kenyan citizenship (National Identity Card).
- Indicate sub-county and ward of residence.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing directly or indirectly will result to disqualification.
- Gender, ethnicity, disability and regional balance considerations will be applied in the selection process.
How To Apply
Fill in the Online Application Form after reading the instructions inside the form. CLICK HERE for Online Application Form, and attach certificates/ testimonials,
Fill in a physical Application Form and drop it at the Mombasa County Public Service Board Office at Betting Control Building, Mombasa or via postal mail/ courier service, and attach certificates/ testimonials. For this form CLICK HERE.
All Applications should reach the Mombasa County Public Service Board offices at Betting & Control Building, Mombasa on or before Friday 8th March 2019 by 4.30 p.m.
In case you need more guidance on how to fill the form, don’t hesitate to call our PR & Communication Office on the numbers provided.
Mombasa County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer.