Job Grade GD3
Job No. 6.
Reporting to the General Manager, Geothermal Resource Development: The job holder will be responsible for surface Geoscientific field exploration and sighting of potential Geothermal Wells; Geothermal resource monitoring and provision of consultancy services.
- Carrying out Geo Scientific field explorations and Managing the geothermal field exploration processes;
- Sighting of potential Geothermal wells
- Carrying out Geological and Geochemical sampling and analyses of drilling returns and geothermal discharge fluids;
- Generating well and reservoir reports and reservoir models reviews
- Carrying out resource monitoring for steam quality , chemical composition .;
- Managing the process of Scale management; and
- Providing external consultancy services.
- Have not less than eleven (11) years relevant work experience two (2) of which should have been at the level of managerial role;
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: -Earth Science, environmental Science, Geographic Information System or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be a holder of a Master Degree in any of the following disciplines; – Geology, Geochemistry, Geophysics, Environmental science, Geographic Information System or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have Professional qualification and Registration by Geological Society of Kenya Registration Board/ NEMA;
- Be a Member in good standing of the Geological Society of Kenya (GSK);
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Possess leadership/Management training from a recognized institution
- Good planning, organizing and coordinating skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical verbal and written skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Negotiation skills;
Terms of service
The appointment will be for a contractual period of five (5) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes. GDC offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with the standards of excellence that it expects.
How to Apply
NB: Candidates interested in the above position are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of the following (Mandatory):-
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board(HELB);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
- Clearance from Credit reference bureau.
Evidence of ongoing clearance is admissible subject to the satisfactory results (Presentation of the requisite documents from the relevant institution before the selection process)
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job reference No. on both the application and envelope and send to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National Identity Card.
Applications may be deposited at our head Office, KAWI HOUSE, 4th Floor, Popo Road, South C, along Red Cross Road, in the Application Box, posted or emailed to:
The Managing Director & CEO,
Geothermal Development Company Limited,
P.O. Box 100746 – 00101,
All applications should be received not later than twenty one (21) days from the date of this advert.
“GDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.”
“Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted”.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.