- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Animal Science, Animal Production, Agriculture, Agribusiness, Range Management, Natural Resource Management, Livestock/Agricultural Economics, Dairy Technology, or Agricultural Education and Extension from a recognized Institution; and
- certificate in computer applications.
- Preparing livestock technical information;
- Providing technical advice in animal production, livestock marketing, range management, apiculture, and ranching;
- Promoting economic livestock farming; participating in organizing extension activities which include field days, agricultural shows, field demonstrations, farmer field schools and farm visits; Participating in collaborative research activities;
- Collecting livestock inputs and products samples for analysis;
- Disseminating livestock production technologies such as construction of Livestock housing and structures, milk production, pasture and fodder production and conservation, farm planning, gross margin analysis on farm feed formulation; implementing livestock production programmes/projects in such areas as dairy cattle farming, beef cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, poultry, rabbits, mating programmes, fodder production and conservation, value addition to livestock products, apiculture, emerging Livestock Programmes and other animal husbandry practices; and Capturing, maintaining and storing livestock data.
All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
- Tax Compliance Certificate
- Clearance from HELB where necessary
- Clearance from the Ethics and anti-corruption commission
- Certificate of good conduct from the police
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications attaching copies of their certificates and testimonials, and send to the undersigned on or before 5th March, 2019 at 5.00 p.m.:
BUSIA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O PRIVATE BAG -50400