- Taking responsibility for the reports emerging from the Division and all documentation sent to the Head of Section/Head of Department
- Supervising, coaching and mentoring junior Departmental staff
- Participating in Departmental planning and budgeting meetings.
- Ensuring quality control and customer service
- Ensuring analysis of trends in traffic volumes, shipping movements and classes of cargo are carried out.
- Liaising with other units within the Department and other Departments with the view of obtaining financial data for the preparation of financial Management Information reports.
- Identifying long-term financial implications of proposed actions (i.e. effect of capital expenditure project on cash flow).
- Maintaining updated databank on cash flow statements, loan justification reports and traffic trends.
- Overseeing the day to day running of Management Information Unit.
- Reviewing planning assumptions in the light of actual performance.
- Preparing monthly, annual and long-term cash flow statements.
- Calculating relevant Management Financial and statistical ratios as prescribed from time to time by the management.
- Conducting financial appraisals for existing and proposed investments and loans.
- Preparing financial reports as directed by the Head of Department
- Be a holder of Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting Option) or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Possess a Certified Public Accountant CPA (K) or its equivalent from a recognized professional body.
- Be a member of the Institute of Chartered of Certified Public Accountant (ICPAK) or any other internationally recognized accounting body and be of good standing
- Have not less than five (5) years’ experience in preparation of periodic management reports related to costs and management information gained in a reputable organization
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees.
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered. To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 26 February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.