Public Relations Manager Jobs, Public Relations Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi
Our Client is a fast scaling organization with regional presence in East Africa. They are looking to fill various positions in different departments. They are looking for professionals who are hard-working and collaborative, with the tenacity to plow through challenges and an appreciation for teamwork toward achieving a shared vision. In addition, they are keen on someone who is willing to work within a fast-paced or start up environment.
- Draft, issue and secure timely commentary to local and regional media (press releases, articles, comments, blogs), identifying, pitching and developing national stories.
- Help to write and disseminate briefings to MPs, Stakeholder mapping and engagement – thoroughly research and review the stakeholder landscape and build a stakeholder map with engagement options for each group of stakeholders.
- Build relationships and develop 3rd party advocates for the Company.
- Forward planning and proactive media relations – develop a 12-month forward planner calendar with all internal and external media hooks, as well as potential pressure points.
- Develop relationships with media at each key media house
- Secure at least 1 piece of positive media coverage each month
- Develop relationships with regional and local media and secure coverage.
- Digital communications – develop a list of social media influencers in and draft a 12-month engagement plan.
- Collateral development – develop country specific collateral documents, including a press kit and Q&A based on global collateral materials.
- Fundraising – plan, prepare and organize a scholarship fundraising events.
- International communications – collate a monthly internal newsletter.
- Such other duties as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the level of responsibility of this job role.
- 10+ years of experience in communications/PR, media.
- Demonstrated ability to work with local East Africa media, including local, national and regional media across print, broadcast and online
How To Apply
Interested candidates should attach their updated CV to email@example.com quoting the Job Title you wish to apply in the (E-mail Subject)
Please ensure you indicate your (current or previous salary (Gross) on your CV only.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.