Quality & Compliance Manager Jobs, Quality Assurance Jobs, Compliance Officer Jobs, Quality Assurance Manager Jobs, AMREF Kenya Jobs
Main Purpose of Job
The Quality & Compliance Manager shall ensure AMREF Flying Doctors management of maintenance, quality and flight operations standards through Quality Management System (QMS) is effective to continuously meet the AFD business objectives, requirements of the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA) and International Aviation Bodies regulations and standards throughout its areas of operations. This is the liaison person between AFD and all the regulatory authorities.
The position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Establishing a quality system to monitor compliance with current Kenya Civil Aviation Regulations, which includes a feedback system to the Accountable Manager.
- Developing the company’s quality management policies and standards as prescribed by the Civil Aviation Regulations 2018 (or as amended) and other relevant National Aviation Authorities.
- Establish and develop quality audit programs to ensure the organization performs in accordance with the company Quality Manual and KCAA rules and regulations.
- Ensuring maintenance-related personnel remain competent to perform the tasks required of them and are fully conversant with any new types or variants of aircraft operated by the company.
- Verifying by monitoring activity in the fields of maintenance and flight operations that the standards required by the Authority and any additional requirements defined by AFD are adequate and being carried out under the supervision of the relevant nominated post-holder. For this purpose, one plans and ensures the implementation of the quality assurance activities (compliance monitoring).
- Providing management with an independent assessment of corrective action, implementation and completion of audit findings.
- Verifying that corrective action is taken by responsible managers in response to any findings of noncompliances/conformances and monitor the implementation, completion and evaluate the effectiveness of the corrective action through the follow-up process
- Monitoring that the activities of Civil Aviation (AOC and Administration) Regulations 2018 are being performed in accordance with the accepted procedures
- Monitoring that all contracted maintenance is carried out in accordance with the contract, including sub-contractors
- Monitoring company’s maintenance management activities including the analysis of the effectiveness of the maintenance programme, verifying all maintenance has been carried out by appropriate Civil Aviation (Approved Maintenance Organisation) Regulations, 2018 organisations, establishing that contractors perform maintenance and services in accordance with the contract.
- Monitoring activities in the field of Flight Operations and Aircraft Maintenance that the standards and approvals required by the KCAA, and any additional requirements as established by AMREF Flying Doctors are being carried out properly to ensure safe operational practices through implementation of the quality assurance activities (compliance monitoring);
- Conducting periodic Flight Operations and Maintenance Operations quality audits of operational systems, infrastructure and procedures of the company including contracted services & subcontractors, so as to improve corporate quality and reduce the Company’s operations risk exposure;
- In liaison with the Head of Operations and Head of Maintenance; perform periodic quality performance evaluation and hold management review meetings
- Monitoring Technical library and Flight Operations library is updated and revision service is current on all required manuals;
- Establishing, implementing and maintaining risk based tools and techniques and conduct operational risk assessments to strengthen operational programs, processes and controls;
- Coordinating and supporting external reviews of operational departments to include the annual Air Operator Certificate (AOC) renewal and other external audits/evaluations;
- Ensure all contracted AMO’s have suitably qualified maintenance personnel who are fully conversant with any new types or variants of aircraft operated by the company that such personnel are competent to perform the tasks required.
- Ensure and maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment in compliance with the authority requirements, relevant industry regulatory and legislative requirements and company procedures.
- Establish and Maintain all Flight Operations quality records and documentation in line with KCARS regulations and company quality requirements;
- Develop, implement, maintain and continuously review and improve the company’s Quality Management System to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies;
- Ensuring required information system is established regarding flight planning/maintenance Planning, aviation service quality control, flight operations department and third party providers.
- Ensuring personnel record system is present at all departments, and that it is kept current at all times regarding the individual training and licences for all personnel;
- Implement and coordinate quality training in Flight Operations and Maintenance departments;
- Establishing and monitoring of all AOC Aircraft/Components Maintenance documents
- Ensuring modifications and repairs, (changes) are carried out to approve standards.
- Reporting any occurrences to KCAA that includes both operational occurrences and occurrences related to maintenance findings, which fall within the mandatory scheme.
- Presenting Aircraft Maintenance Programs, Reliability Programs and RVSM Maintenance Procedures and their amendments to KCAA for approval on behalf of AFD.
- Ensuring Certificate of Airworthiness for each aeroplane operated/managed remains valid in respect to the expiry date specified on the C of A, the airworthiness of the aeroplane and any other condition specified in the Certificate. Responsible for certification matters relating to the preparation of documentation and application for Certificates of Airworthiness for Export, Certificates for Registration, Certificates of Approval of Radio Installation, and Noise Certificates
- Monitoring MEL Item Interval Extension Program and carrying out internal audits on the same at a frequency of 12 months or less.
- Perform any other work related duties as may be required.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in the Aviation industry
- At least 2 years’ experience in the role of Quality management with a commercial operator or compliance inspection role in a regulatory body
- Technically qualified in the field of aircraft maintenance or flight or ground operations;
- At least three years’ experience in the field of aircraft maintenance, flight or ground operations flight safety
- Successfully completed a training in quality management or Government Inspectors Safety course in Airworthiness or Flight Operations recognized by the authority.
- Training in ISO9001 Quality Management systems
- Commercial/ business acumen
- Good communication skills
- Team player
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria and have the passion to contribute to the leading African-based Aero Medical and Health Assistance service provider, submit your letter and CV quoting the reference number for the position on the subject line of the email to Vacancies@flydoc.org
Deadline for submission is 8th March 2019.
Quote Position & Ref No. on the subject email
Feedback will be given to shortlisted candidates only.
NOTE: AMREF Flying Doctors does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.