Writing a CV when you have less than one year work experience can be challenging. However, this does not mean that you cannot come up with a CV that helps you get a job.
“Employers everywhere require CVs when you are applying for a job. Therefore, as a fresh graduate in you need to have a really good CV,” says Carolyne Kariuki a Recruitment Manager at Corporate Staffing Services.
According to Evaline Atieno, a professional CV writer, a CV generally contains six very important sections. These sections include the Contact information, personal profile, the education, the key skills, the work experience and the referees.
As a fresh graduate, you probably don’t have much to put in the experience section. However, this is where you can include your attachment or any internship experience you may have. You can also add any volunteering work experience if you have any.
P.O. Box 8000-00100,
Tel: 0700 ***
As a Communication professional with a degree in Public Relations and Communications from University of Kenya, I have amassed experience from working at a Major Media House and XXX Online Magazine. This has enabled me to develop specific communication skills and add valuable transferable skills necessary for this industry. I possess mastery of digital marketing; which would come in handy in achieving your organization’s goals and objectives. Just graduated from University, looking for an assistant communications officer position to improve operations, increase profitability and enhance growth.
Degree in Journalism, Multimedia University, December 2015, 2nd class Honors
Diploma in Mass Communication, Kenya Institute of Mass Communication, August 2014
GHC Girls’ High School, Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, B
Key Competencies and Skills
- Above-average creativity and social intelligence
- Good organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of people
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Office suite of packages
- Presentable and a fast thinker with excellent conflict resolution skills
Job Title: Sub Editor Intern
XXX Online Platform April 2015- August 2015
Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing quality articles; interesting, educative and informative articles that meets our editorial standards
- Posting jobs and articles on the site
- Handling social media accounts for the website including Facebook, Google+ and Twitter
- Sourcing stories and interviewing various personalities
- Coming up with creative ideas on the content for the site
- Attending events and coming up with stories using various angles
- Initiated and developed public service announcements to promote the organisation
- Designed the advertisements and marketing plan for sales event
- Increased followers on social media sites by over 30%
Please feel free to contact the under mentioned in regard to my competence, work ethic, performance and / or any other aspect with respect to me:
Tel: 0720 ***
Tel: 0735 ***
Tel: 0725 ***
Have your CV written by a professional by emailing it to email@example.com.