Senior System Administrator (Security) Jobs, Administration Jobs, Administrator Jobs, KPA Jobs
Reporting to the Principal IT Officer (System Administration), the job holder is responsible for ensuring the Authority’s systems and data information is secure and protected against loss, damage, disaster, and intrusion.
- Championing security efforts towards compliance with information regulatory standards and best practices.
- Applying system security updates to improve the level of protection for IT assets
- Ensuring data security and privacy in the Authority.
- Setting up access control to data, give authorized user’s privileges and rights on data shares.
- Ensuring system security compliance standards when adopting new systems for the Authority.
- Liaising with other sections heads within IT in identifying end-user needs and settings quality standards for systems implementation.
- Managing reviews of the threats and vulnerabilities on the hardware, software and services rendered to the Authority.
- Leading project teams and participates in project implementations.
- Liaising with other departments in planning for SLAs, IT system enhancements and implementation of new IT systems
- Ensuring that resource planning is adequate and have the necessary training to accomplish the department’s objectives.
- Coordinating and participating in the planning, designing and implementation of security awareness exercises.
- Analyzing potential threats and the feasibility of various security measures in order to provide recommendations to the Authority management and take appropriate action.
- Analyzing the performance of all hardware, operating system, and applications databases.
- Establishing procedures to ensure that privileged accounts are kept to a minimum and that privileged users comply with privileged access practices.
- Advising the management on business applications, operating system and data base changing requirements.
- Preparing and monitoring service level agreements in order to ensure they meet KPA needs.
- Identifying new technologies of increasing efficiency in supporting user departments
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or in any other relevant field from a recognized institution
- Possess a Specialist IT Certification from a recognized institution
- Be a valid member of Computer Society of Kenya and of good standing.
- Have not less than five (5) years’ experience in providing support in provision of IT security services with at least three (3) years served at managerial leve
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for any of the roles above, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees.
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted. Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered. To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 26 February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.