We are a medium-sized software company, in German-speaking Europe. For over 20 years we have developed our own software products in electronic time and project recording, access and security systems as well as web applications, sales and support.
We have started operations in East Africa, firstly in Nairobi, Kenya and for our development team, we are looking for trustworthy, open minded and dedicated people; male or female, who can maintain and develop our products on their own. They are expected to be independent and well-groomed in appearance and have a good knowledge in the Information Technology field.
With regards to our products (software) you will be trained.
- Development of software solutions in VB / C#
- Developing of web based solutions in VB.Net /ASP.Net
- Good skills in Hardware and Software Communication (Mostly Required)
- Deep knowledge and understanding of WPF and XAML
- Knowledge in relational databases such as Microsoft-SQL, Oracle and MySQL
- Knowledge of ORMs such as Entity Framework
- Experience in web services
- We are currently using TFS for version control. Some knowledge in version control is required
- Some experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and software testing techniques
- At least three years’ experience programming in C# with ASP.NET.
- Under graduate degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field.
- Experience in Time Attendance and/or Access
- Control hardware programming will be an added advantage.
Additional Skills / Attributes Required
- We are looking for someone with a very good understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) principles.
- We are currently working with Microsoft Visual Studio 2015. We expect you to have prior knowledge of Visual Studio 2010 or higher.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver within specified time frames, whilst maintaining high precision.
The English language is a pre-requisite and German would be a big plus for obvious reasons, much as it’s not a key skill under which elimination will be considered.
The ideal candidate should be someone who can comfortably work in a team and adapt to existing standards. We expect you to be able to start working with us immediately and working hours Monday to Friday are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Currently, we are located in Nairobi and we will expect a suitable candidate to be able to relocate. We offer a very competitive salary package along with generous perks.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV and cover letter quoting the job title on the email subject (.Net Software Developer) to Thomas.email@example.com before 8th March 2019