The Kenya Trade Network Agency (KenTrade) is a State Corporation under the National Treasury whose mandate is to implement, operationalize and manage the Kenya National Electronic Single Window System (KNESWS) as well as Trade Facilitation.
To fulfil our mandate, we wish to engage suitably qualified candidate who meets the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Kenya Constitution for the following position;
Reports to: Manager HR & Administration
Duration: Six (6) months (renewable once subject to performance and business needs)
Purpose for the Job
To provide high-level administrative support to the directorates and departments assigned to ensure that services are provided in an effective and timely manner.
- Draft correspondence, reports and proof-read official documents and ensure adherence to administrative guidelines and overall quality of outputs requiring the Executives’ signature.
- Respond to telephone inquiries, route calls to appropriate officers and place outgoing calls as required.
- Management of appointments, itinerary, initiative and coordinate all travel arrangements as required.
- Establish and maintain relevant storage and retrieval of files/documents for easy access and security within the Directorate/department.
- Maintain effective communication channels and ensure quality and timelines of information emanating from the office, independently decide and follows through information as necessary.
- Receive, sort and route all incoming mail to the office and highlight important mails.
- Serve as first point of contact and liaison with an extensive network of contacts at senior levels, both internally, externally and Government officials.
- Receive and screen incoming, visitors and correspondence and direct to the relevant officer.
- Maintain office calendars of events, plan and coordinate meetings and take minutes on needs basis.
- Diploma in Secretarial studies, Office Management, Business Management or other relevant Diploma from a recognized institution
- A certificate in Computer Application
- Relevant experience of not less than six (6) months in the position of Executive Assistant or a comparable position in the Public Service or other reputable organization
- Previous working experience in a relevant role is an added advantage
- Possession of a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations (CID) (acquired not more than one year ago).
How To Apply
Qualified and Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications, Curriculum Vitae that contains details of qualifications, experience, copies of all certificates & relevant testimonials, email and telephone contacts including names, telephone and email contacts of three (3) referees who must be familiar with the candidates’ previous work experience.
Candidates interested in this position are also expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copy of a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations (CID).
Applications should be addressed as detailed below and be sent by post, hand delivery or email so as to be received not later than April 01, 2019.
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Trade Network Agency
1st Floor, Embankment Plaza
Longonot Rd – Upperhill
P.O. Box 36943-00200
KenTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer – women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.