Summary of Role
Under the supervision of the Finance, Contracts and Grants Manager, the Finance Assistant will provide support in the payables and general ledger function and assist in the procurement of goods and services, processing of vendor payments and financial reporting.
- Take lead in the management of payables by ensuring timely settlement of bills and follow-up with procurement on timely billing of serviced orders to ensure the organization meets its obligations promptly.
- Posting Bills to QuickBooks, accurately and correctly as per the supporting documents in a timely manner.
- Generate every 5th day of the following month a payable ageing analysis report and ensure all balances are reconciled.
- Filing of all financial records in real time.
- Assist in review of the Travel Reimbursements Forms (TRFs), and Regional Float accountabilities and preparation of expense journals.
- Assist in Bank reconciliations for all bank accounts and month-end Field financial reporting process.
- Support in procurement of goods and services in strict adherence to Organizational policies and procedures.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance.
- CPA Part 2 (Certified Public Accountant).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a busy accounting department in an NGO or donor-funded organization.
- Understanding of USAID rules and regulations.
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- High integrity, sincerity, honesty, respectful, positive attitude and team player.
- Excellent skills using Quick books, Excel, and Access.
- Interpersonal skills
- Communications Skills
- Budgeting skills
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- Service Excellence
- Effective Communication (Oral and Written)
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.