The holder of the position will report to the Deputy Director, Legal Services.
- Reviewing the legal framework for setting and reviewing remuneration and benefits in Kenya.
- Conducting comparative analysis of the Kenyan legal framework and those of other jurisdictions.
- Disseminating related laws and regulations.
- Representing the Commission in court.
- Liaising with external lawyers.
- Drafting contracts and other legal instruments.
- Undertaking legal research and
- Preparing legal opinions and providing legal advice.
- A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- A bachelor’s degree in law from a recognized university.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya; with a good record.
- At least 6 years proven work experience in the legal field.
- Experience in litigation, legal drafting and legal research.
- Demonstrated understanding of the national goals and policies and ability to relate them to the mandate of the Commission.
- A member of a related professional body.
- High level of integrity and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and under strict timelines.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Knowledge of related computer applications.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
Applicants MUST attach clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and
- Credit Reference Bureau
Applications in sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and mailed OR delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126 – 00100
And be received on or before 26th March, 2019.
Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Qualified candidates irrespective of their gender, race, culture, religion or disability are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.