Reporting to: Network Implementation Support Manager
Department: Technology Division
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
About This Role
Reporting to the Manager Network Implementation Support, the jobholder shall be responsible for all power related designs, justifications, installations and implementation of power solutions including planned maintenance schedules for all power sources around telecommunications.
In addition, he/she will be required to advise management on best power practices, derive cost effective solutions and ensure that all aspects impacting the customer are well managed. The jobholder shall closely interwork with Radio, Transmission, Core Networks and Operation & Maintenance teams dealing with Network Implementation related projects to deliver within stipulated timelines.
- CAPEX requirements recommendations and justifications for power upgrade, extension or/and modifications
- Tender validation and analysis including technical requirements, contractors qualification and registration status
- Participation in preparation and evaluation of technical power drawings and technical data in the tenders for the procurement and installation of power equipment. This includes Generators, main power boards, Air conditioners (HVAC) systems, PFC Banks, UPS by-passes boards, PDBs, AC control units.
- Design, justification and implementation of technical room power solutions including planned maintenance schedules for all power sources- Main AC utility, generators and Hybrid sources
- Lead the development and implementation of all maintenance programs for electrical installations, machinery and equipment
- Receipt and analysis of all power consumptions OPEX including KPLC power bills, generator fuel, hybrid sites OPEX and other consumables.
- Manage all repairs of electrical equipment on breakdown to minimize downtime
- Identify Process control, critical spares and materials supply chain:
- Provision of materials specifications,
- Determination of stocking policies
- Preferred suppliers for process control
- BSc.( in Electrical Engineering), preferably heavy current
- 3-years’ experiences, 1 year preferably in Telecom industry
- Good Knowledge of Engineering drawings interpretation
- Good Knowledge of DC(Battery power), Data Center power equipment, HVAC, an added advantage
- Considerable knowledge and experience in Design of complex Electrical power systems in highly sensitive industries where reliability is the key aspect
- Considerable knowledge and experience tendering processes and BOQ preparation and evaluation
- Good Management skills and expertise in large and sensitive power engineering projects
- Design of key engineering systems Maintenance Programs Procedures and requirements
- Management of Service Level Agreements(SLA) for utility providers and service contractors
- High sense of urgency in downtime responses and emergencies
- People management skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills especially on reporting and presentations
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast with evolving trends in engineering. Computer-aided design competencies
How to Apply
Application should be sent by 1st April 2019, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.