This position reports to the Deputy Director Policy and Planning and is responsible for implementing the strategic planning function of the commission by coordinating development, review and implementation of the strategic plan. The work involves strategic plan formulation, design of annual work plans, performance contracting, monitoring and evaluation of commission programmes and activities to ensure achievement of organizational goal and strategic objectives.
- Drafting of guidelines on the development and review of the Commission Strategic Plan.
- Coordinate the Commission’s annual performance and review to improve service delivery.
- Compile the Commission annual work plan, by preparing draft annual work plan and coordinating plenary reviews for various directorates.
- Coordinate the cascading of performance targets among heads of directorates and signing of work plans between the Commission Secretary and the heads of directorates.
- Prepare divisional annual work plans and quarterly reviews of target achievements
- Carry out monitoring and evaluation of work plans and programmes and disseminate status reports
- Undertake quarterly performance progress reviews.
- Prepare annual performance report for the Commission.
- Supports policy development and research studies through reviews
- Supports the MTEF budgeting process for the Commission.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, or any other related area of study;
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics or any other related analytical area of study;
- Demonstrated practical working knowledge of strategic planning, budgeting, qualitative and statistical analysis;
- Statistical Computer Packages e.g. SPSS, STATA, EVIEWS.
- Eight (8) years of service, three (3) of which must be in a comparable position from a reputable and comparable organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Quantitative and Statistical analysis.
- Related Professional qualification.
- Membership of a related professional body.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to lead and manage teams.
- Problem solving skills.
- Supervisory skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
Applicants MUST attach clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and
- Credit Reference Bureau
Applications in sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and mailed OR delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126 – 00100
And be received on or before 26th March, 2019.
Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Qualified candidates irrespective of their gender, race, culture, religion or disability are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.