NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Assistant Director, Remuneration Analysis – Labour & Industrial Relations
This position reports to the Deputy Director Remuneration Analysis and is responsible for the analysis of data and information relating to Collective Bargaining Agreements to inform the advice on Remuneration and Benefits to Public Service.
- Analyzing of data and information relating to Collective Bargaining Agreements for Public Service organizations.
- Evaluate Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA) based on Commission parameters and make appropriate recommendations to the Commission for decision making.
- Review CBA reports and recommendations to ensure quality and proper procedures in accordance to SRC regulations.
- Provide guidance during negotiations between Public Service Organizations and unions to ensure timely finalization of CBAs within the Commission’s recommended review cycle.
- Liaises with the Ministry of Labour and Employment and Labour Relations Court to ensure that Collective Bargaining Processes and Agreements are consistent with the Labour Relations in the public service.
- Recommend to the Commission policy issues or statements for development or review to ensure best practices in labour relations and CBA management in the Public Service.
- Analyze the Commission’s technical reports to ensure that they conform to the required Standards and set criteria.
- Classify and maintain CBA data base to ensure ease of retrieval, confidentiality and consistency in decision making.
- Analyse Data and information related to Remuneration and Benefits.
- Master’s degree in related field;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Social Sciences, Human Resource Management, Business Administration or any other related field from a recognized institution;
- Post-graduate Diploma in Human Resources/Industrial Relations or in a related field.
- Related management course from a recognized institution
- Membership to a related professional association.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of service, three (3) of which should be in direct handling of labour relations preferably in public sector.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of industrial relations patterns in the public Sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Public Service Policies and practices on Remuneration Systems;
- Have a thorough understanding of the Constitution of Kenya, Labour Laws and the application of regulations governing CBA management;
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent Communication skills
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- Conflict management skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
Applicants MUST attach clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and
- Credit Reference Bureau
Applications in sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and mailed OR delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126 – 00100
And be received on or before 26th March, 2019.
Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Qualified candidates irrespective of their gender, race, culture, religion or disability are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.