The position reports to the Commission Secretary and is responsible for providing secretarial support services to the Commission.
- Organizing and coordination of all the meetings of the Commission.
- Support the Commission Secretary in the following:
- Planning commission meetings
- Receiving agenda items
- Circulating agendas and reports for commission meetings
- Management of commission meetings and minutes
- Dissemination of action points to related officers
- Issuing of notices of meetings,
- Overseeing timely preparation and filing of all agenda documents,
- Recording Commission’s proceedings.
- Follow up on Commission invitation to meetings by various stakeholders.
- Managing and updating Commissioners schedule of activities in consultation with the Commission Secretary.
- Ensure preparation and presentation of high quality commissions minutes and reports.
- Providing support to working committees of the Commission.
- Maintaining proper records of the Commission.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Commission Secretary from time to time.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration/ Human Resource Management or related field from a recognized university.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Business Administration or related field of study.
- Strategic Leadership Development /or related post graduate qualifications in leadership/management.
- Certified Public Secretary CPS (K); and be a member in good standing with the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya.
- 10 years of service, 6 of which should be in a comparable position from a reputable and comparable organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of related professional standards.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Membership to a related professional body.
- Experience in providing company secretarial services within large public or private sector institutions.
- Demonstrated experience in corporate governance.
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Organizational and time management skills
- Excellent computing skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Good written/verbal communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
Applicants MUST attach clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and
- Credit Reference Bureau
Applications in sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and mailed OR delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126 – 00100
And be received on or before 26th March, 2019.
Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Qualified candidates irrespective of their gender, race, culture, religion or disability are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.