This position reports to the Deputy Director Information, Communications Technology and is responsible for effective installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of all systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This position is also responsible for designing and installing Local area Networks (LANs), WANs, Internet and intranet systems, and network segments.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Deploy Operating System patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities within the systems and Configure / add new services as necessary to ensure effective service to end users.
- Maintain operational configuration or other procedures and document them as per the commission standards for future referencing.
- Configure, enforce and maintain both logical and physical controls are adhered to as per the Commission ICT security management policy.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions to avert system compromise by ensuring that all systems within the commission are Secure.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary to ensure optimal storage space to end users for effective service delivery to the Commission.
- Prepare user requirements specifications for both hardware and software in accordance to the Commission standards are adhered to.
- Liaising with the third party providers, providing services to the Commission on schedules to undertake the works and supervise them during the implementation process to ensure that quality and timely service are provided.
- Configure, Install and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems to ensure that network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, good put, and latency are in compliance to service level agreements with the providers.
- Establish network specifications by conferring with users, analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Collaborate with the development team to implement updates, upgrades, and patches to Commission website in a timely manner to limit loss of service.
- Providing day to day technical support to end users to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery to the Commission
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology or related field.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology or related field will be an added advantage.
- Professional/Technical qualification i.e. CCNA/CCNP Certification, MCSE, ITIL, Suse Linux Certification.
- At least 6 years proven work experience in ICT field in a busy Organization.
- Membership to related professional body.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution.
- Good Communication skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure
- Problem solving skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
Applicants MUST attach clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and
- Credit Reference Bureau
Applications in sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and mailed OR delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126 – 00100
And be received on or before 26th March, 2019.
Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Qualified candidates irrespective of their gender, race, culture, religion or disability are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.