Warehouse Manager Jobs, Jobs In Thika, Human Capital Synergies Jobs
Our Client in the Manufacturing sector seeks to hire a Warehouse Manager. He/she will be responsible for the receiving, storage and issuing of finished goods and purchases at the factory, warehouses as well as receipt and issuing of Company products stored at the warehouses.
- Use space and mechanical handling equipment efficiently, making sure quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives are met.
- Have a clear understanding of the company’s policies and vision and how the warehousing department contributes to these.
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Visit internal and external customers to monitor the quality of service they are receiving and attend to challenges that are identified.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment, for example, ensuring that stock such as chemicals and food are stored safely.
- Maintain receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing programs, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Comply with state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts and reconcile with data storage system
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the receipt, order and dispatch of goods ensuring established controls are observed at all times.
- Maintain an acceptable physical condition of the warehouses by planning and implementing appropriate design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for cleaning, repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintain warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Attain and exceed warehouse staff job results by coaching, counselling, motivating and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Any other duty that may be assigned to you from time to time.
- Bachelors degree in Warehousing/Logistics or related field
- At least four years experience in warehousing at Management level.
- Prior experience supervising not less than 10 staff in the warehousing environment
- Proficient in MS Office
- Familiarity with use of an IT system in the warehousing environment.
How To Apply
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Warehouse Manager on the Subject line.
Candidates should indicate their Current & Expected Salaries.