Procurement & Administration Officer Jobs, Procurement Jobs
To help reach this goal, leading US-based non-governmental organizations working in water and sanitation formed the Millennium Water Alliance (MWA) as 501(c)(3) organization to offer sustainable solutions through advocacy, shared knowledge, and collaborative programming. Our vision mirrors our belief that no one should die or suffer chronic illness as the result of a water-related disease.
About Kenya RAPID
Kenya RAPID (Kenya Resilient Arid Lands Partnership for Integrated Development) is development program bringing together public and private institutions to increase access to water and sanitation for people and water for livestock, and to rebuild a healthy rangeland-management ecosystem. The Kenya RAPID Program is a five year program and is currently in its fourth year of operation.
Kenya RAPID is seeking highly motivated and qualified candidates for position of Procurement and Administration Officer. The initial contract will be for one year with possibility of extension.
Reporting to Deputy Chief of Party, the Procurement and Administration Officer will be responsible for procurement of goods and services as well as logistics. The officer will play a pivotal role in ensuring integrity, fairness, and openness in procurement processes as well as adherence to policies, procedures and controls. Other roles and responsibilities of the office include the following:
- Preparation of periodic procurement plans;
- Offering advisory services to MWAK and MWA US staff for effective and efficient implementation of procurement plans;
- Prequalification of supplier/vendors, receiving and custody of Pre-qualifications, RFPs and Quotations, evaluation of tenders and requests for proposals, and issuing of local purchase orders and service orders;
- Maintaining an up-to-date database of suppliers;
- Implementation and enforcement of procurement policies and regulations
- Development of an effective stores management system;
- Organizing and making preparations for workshops and conferences;
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
- Maintaining leave schedule for all staff
The position requires the following experiences and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business, Economics, procurement or related field
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working in a procurement and administrative role for development partner funded programs (e.g. USAID, SDC)
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands and inquiries
- Proficiency using Microsoft office suite, and other relevant software
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills as well as exceptional customer relations (both internally and externally); provides sound business judgment and contractual oversight
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive in the procurement processAbility to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent bids
- Excellent communications and personnel management skills and ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization and of different multi-cultural backgrounds
- Extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, and analytical ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English and Kiswahili)
Base of operation
The position will be bases in Nairobi with occasional travel to Kenya RAPID project sites as and when needed
How To Apply
If you meet the above requirements please apply by either uploading or updating your CV email@example.com under the ‘Procurement’ category.
Please Note: Due the large number of applications we get we are unable to contact all the applicants. If we haven’t contacted you in two weeks it means you application wasn’t successful. However, we will still retain your CV in our database and we will contact you if another suitable position comes up.