Our client, Total Solutions Limited, is a leading ICT Solutions provider in East Africa region and has retained a top position in Top 100 mid-size companies listing in Kenya for the last six years consecutively.
Reporting to the Software Support Manager, the Software Developer will be responsible for building and customizing applications, systems and interfaces to support internal process and business departments. The incumbent will interact with third party service providers as well as other internal IT units to ensure that the tasks are well delivered.
- Advising and providing customers with the best solutions in line with their business requirements
- Dealing with risks that accompany project management
- Providing support to existing customers as well as In-house support
- Generating reports on project designs, support manuals and project plans
- Assisting with integration of Fiscal devices with client software
- Proposing alternative solutions to meet customer needs
- Ensuring the sales personnel are trained on the solutions provided
- Facilitating and Arranging product demonstrations events
- Degree in IT or related course and a Certification in IT
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proven experience in software development in building headless and web applications in Java (J2EE).
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and maintenance.
- In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools.
- Strong knowledge and experience in database technology [Oracle and MySQL] and writing database scripts including complex SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures and functions.
- Conversant with Redhat Linux Operating system and experience in RH Linux system Administration and Linux shell scripting
- Knowledge and experience management and deploying of web applications to web containers including Jboss, Wild Fly and Oracle Web Logic
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and analytical skills as well as a team player
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com stating the subject heading “SOFTWARE DEVELOPER” by 21st April 2019, clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.