Assistant Accountant Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Kimisitu Sacco Jobs
Kimisitu Sacco Society Limited is a National Savings & Credit Society with an asset base of Ksh. 6 Billion and a membership of over 7,200 drawn from Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Embassies, Missions, International Organizations and other Reputable Organizations in Kenya.
Our mission is to empower members economically by providing quality financial services through prudent mobilization of resources and excellent customer care. We are seeking a suitable candidate to fill the following vacant position;
Supporting the finance department, accountant, and management team by Preparing bank reconciliations, maintaining reports, and completing basic bookkeeping and accounting duties for the company.
The main duties and responsibilities shall include:
- Prepare bank reconciliations for all banks on a daily basis
- Ensure completion and adequate record keeping by all team members responsible;
- Ensure all the accounting records are up to date;
- Prepare and file Sacco’s taxes
- Ensure that all work is in line with policies and procedures of the Society;
- Prepare and Maintain records and reconciliation controls of approved budgets;
- Ensure that all calculations and assumptions are linked to supporting workings and appropriate sources of information
- Implement budgetary controls on a daily basis by monitoring all purchases;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Key Result Areas
The jobholder’s accountability areas are outlined as follows:
- Accounts reconciliations
- Cost Management
- Quality reporting to meet Accounts requirements
- Tax management
Knowledge and Skills Required
The jobholder must possess:
- A Bachelor degree in Accounting and or Commerce from a recognized institution
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a similar position
- Certified Public Accountant, CPA (K) holder or ACCA,
- Must have ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver Punctual, diligent and meticulous with close attention to detail;
- Honesty and discretion;
- Strong understanding of Kenyan tax regulations and company secretarial matters;
- Ability to create and enhance systems / processes;
- Must have knowledge in use of MS office packages/IT
- Have strong leadership skills
- Analytical and attention to detail
- Minimum three years’ proven experience working in Finance Department.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking. Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in Finance.
How To Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online by filling in the data form from the link, www.kimisitusacco.or.ke/AssistantAccountantReconciliationdataform/
The data form must be filled in full. Incomplete forms will be disqualified. In addition, the applicants should send Application letter with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Monday, May 13, 2019. Clearly state the subject of the email as Assistant Accountant.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kimisitu Sacco is an equal opportunity employer.