Assistant Accounts Manager Jobs, Finance Jobs, Accounting Jobs, CPA Jobs, Jobs in Nairobi, Kenya Railways Corporation Jobs
Assistant Accounts Manager will report to Accounts Manager
- Assisting in the production of the draft year end accounts, supporting schedules and liaison with auditors.
- Support most aspects of accounting management;
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and international best practices;
- Assist in the preparation of budget forecasts and monitoring;
- Assist in management of revenue, projects and tax matters;
- Review the corporation’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies and errors;
- Assist in the maintenance of the corporation financial management systems.
- Help in developments of reports for management and regulatory bodies;
- Manage the activities of staff under the unit.
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Business Administration preferably in Finance or equivalent qualifications from a recognized University or institution;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- A minimum of eight (8) years relevant work experience with at least two (2) years in Supervisory role in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Certified Public Accountant Kenya (CPA-K);
- Current Membership of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or any other recognized professional body;
- Valid Practicing License where applicable
- Certificate in supervisory/management/leadership skills;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
Terms of Offer
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the Kenya Railways application form (KR/HRA/KEA/FM08), attach their testimonials, certificates and National Identification Card (ID) and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
In compliance with the Chapter Six of the Constitution, attach the following clearance Certificates:
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications to be addressed to the:
Kenya Railways Corporation
P.O. Box 30121, 00100,
To be received by Friday, 31st May, 2019.
Note: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Railways is an equal opportunity Employer