County Drought Coordinator Jobs, Agriculture Jobs, Developmental Studies Jobs, National Drought Management Authority Jobs
Job Grade NDMA 3
The job holder is responsible for establishment, management and implementation of drought preparedness, mitigation and resilience projects; responsible for leading and coordinating efforts to strengthen drought resilience and adaptation to climate change under the Ending
Drought Emergency strategy; responsible for coordinating efforts of state and non-state actors to reduce drought vulnerability protect, livelihoods and ecosystems; responsible for providing accurate and timely drought and food security information to the key actors, particularly the County Governments, NGOs, CBOs and communities.
An officer at this level will report to the Director, Technical Services and will be the Head of a County Drought Coordinating Unit.
- Promoting the implementation of strategic development interventions that enhance resilience to drought and climate change
- Overseeing implementation of drought resilience, preparedness, response and recovery programs and projects.
- Coordinating the adoption of systems and mechanisms developed at National level for efficient drought management.
- Ensuring drought risk management is mainstreamed in the county planning and budgeting processes.
- Ensuring that drought response and resilience activities are timely and appropriate,
- Coordinating drought resilience interventions by various governmental and nongovernmental actors such as UN agencies, NGOs, CBOs and FBOs to facilitate efficiency and synergy.
- Overseeing development and improvement of the Drought Early Warning System (EWS) to take care of emerging situations
- Coordinating the implementation of the cascaded Authority’s strategic plan
- Coordinating development of the County work plan and budget;
- Mentoring and coaching county staff
- Overseeing performance management in the county
- Ensuring the staff at the county comply with the procedures and plans of the Authority.
- Coordinating the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the county.
- Responsibility for the operations and performance of the county office
- Responsibility for the adherence to the financial standards and regulations
- Responsibility for adherence to the Public Procurement and Disposal laws
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ work experience and having served in the grade of Assistant Director or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public sector or a large private Sector organization for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in either Range Management, Agriculture, Livestock, Economics or Agricultural Engineering Rural Development Studies, Mathematics, Statistics, computer Science, Environmental Management, Developmental Studies, Agricultural Economics, Community Development, Information Science or Project Planning and Management from a recognized institution
- Master’s degree in either Range Management, Agriculture, Agriculture Engineering, Livestock, Disaster Management, Rural Development Studies, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, computer Science, Environmental Management, Developmental Studies, Agricultural Economics, Community Development, Information Science or Project Planning and Management from a recognized institution
- Certificate in Leadership Development lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Computer Literacy
- Demonstrated administrative and professional proficiency in work performance and exhibited a thorough understanding of national goals, policies, objectives and ability to relate them to proper management of the Drought Risk Management Sector
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a CV and motivation letter stating salary expectation with the reference position clearly indicated in the email subject line to email@example.com.
Applications may also be dropped at the Authority’s offices located on the 17th floor of Lonrho House, along Standard Street, Nairobi.
Deadline for submission of applications is 10th June, 2019
Applicants from within NDMA are required to send their applications through their respective heads of departments.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NDMA is an equal opportunity employer and does not require applicants to pay money at any stage during the recruitment process.