County Drought Information Officer Jobs, Data Analyst Jobs, Economics Jobs, National Drought Management Authority Jobs
Job Grade NDMA 4
Reporting to the County Drought Coordinator, the County Drought Information Officer is responsible for the proper management of the drought information function at the county level.
- Ensuring quality control of data collection and analysis;
- Coordinating food security and drought management data collection analysis;
- Coordinating of county drought early warning systems;
- Ensuring timely production of drought early warning bulletins and publications; supporting dissemination of drought early information to relevant stakeholders with particular emphasis to drought prone communities;
- Supporting bi-annual national and county food security assessments; supporting ad hoc national and county rapid food security assessments and other surveys (nutritional surveys, market surveys, urban vulnerability surveys, etc.);
- Organizing skills training courses at county levels to build the capacity of officers involved in the early warning data collection and analysis;
- Spearheading development of manuals and guidelines for management of drought early warning system;
- Promoting integration of GIS and remote sensing tools into early warning systems; providing information to all drought management divisions through the administration of contingency planning, early warning system and contingency funds software; and spearheading research activities aimed at enhancing effectiveness and performance of the drought early warning system.
- Served in the grade of Data Analyst in the Authority or in a comparable and relevant position in the public sector or large private sector organization for a minimum period of six (6) years with demonstrated administrative and professional proficiency in work performance
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Rural Development Studies, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, computer Science, Environmental Management, Developmental Studies, Agricultural Economics, Community Development, Information Science or Project Planning and Management from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Rural Development Studies, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, computer Science, Environmental Management, Developmental Studies, Agricultural Economics, Community Development, Information Science or Project Planning and Management from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution OR Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Project Management from a recognized institution; and
- Computer Literate;
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a CV and motivation letter stating salary expectation with the reference position clearly indicated in the email subject line to email@example.com.
Applications may also be dropped at the Authority’s offices located on the 17th floor of Lonrho House, along Standard Street, Nairobi.
Deadline for submission of applications is 10th June, 2019
Applicants from within NDMA are required to send their applications through their respective heads of departments.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NDMA is an equal opportunity employer and does not require applicants to pay money at any stage during the recruitment process.