NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Level – 4 Hospital Manager Jobs, Hospital Manager Jobs, Medical Jobs, County Government Jobs, Machakos County Jobs
Job Group (Q)
3 years contract
Reports to the Chief Officer for Medical Services
- To ensure prudent management of resources for the achievement of the hospital’s mandate and strategic Objectives;
- To ensure that the Level 4 Hospital’s Strategic plan is implemented efficiently, the performance contract objectives and targets are negotiated, achieved and reported in time and the annual operations plan and budgets prepared and submitted in compliance with statutory requirements.
- To oversee and direct development and implementations of the hospital’s strategic initiatives and capacity building in line with goals and aspirations of Kenya’s Vision 2030 and the National Health Sector Strategic plans.
- To provide the needed transformational leadership of Level 4 Hospital to meet citizens’ expectations in line with the new constitution of Kenya.
- To initiate, establish, strengthen and oversee inter-institutional collaborations and strategic partnerships for the realization of the hospitals mandate and strategic objectives.
- To ensure that hospital’s staff remains motivated to discharge their responsibilities effectively and efficiently and in compliance with human resource management policies and practices.
- To establish and sustain effective relationship with the Board of Management , The Government, parent Ministry, regulatory bodies, partners/ collaborators , funding agencies , the media, other stakeholders and staff in the interest of the hospital and its clientele.
- To promote a culture of compliance with regulations, statutory requirements, good corporate governance principles and best practices in the hospital.
- Human resources and talent growth: Oversee organization talent strategy. Work closely with the team on long-term planning, incentive structures, and infusing HR operations with innovation and creativity. Mentor and develop the senior management team. Develop an organizational culture that is inclusive and embraces diversity – where all staff, whatever their background and role, feel supported, valued, listened to, empowered and involved and where the needs of patients are put first.
- Service delivery and quality: Bears ultimate responsibility for clinical governance, patient safety, compliance, and the overall delivery of high quality, cost effective services to consumers of healthcare facility. Maintain organization reputation as the highest quality healthcare hospital in the region. Create a culture of ongoing performance improvement, patient-centeredness, and consistency of quality of service provision.
- A Bachelors degree in a relevant management field.
- Professional qualifications in advanced management, health systems management, hospitality, strategic management or finance;
- At least five (5) years’ executive management experience of significant teams;
- A self-driven person with hands on leadership and supervisory skills.
- Health sector industry knowledge with clear understanding of service dynamics of the health sector;
- Excellent financial and people management skills
- Technology acumen to help make strategic decisions that support the institutions health services;
- Ability to engage and communicate strategically and build strong relationships with stakeholders;
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution.
How to Apply