ICT Instructor Jobs, ICT Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust Jobs
Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust is an organization operating in rural Rarieda District. The organization began as a grass-root CBO in 2003 to assist orphaned children and youth through community empowerment. Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust has since developed into a dynamic organization, focused on empowerment and development, both within the community and the organization. We are currently seeking to recruit talented, progressive and team-oriented individuals to fill the position of ICT Instructor.
Due to the rural set-up and challenges associated therewith, all applicants should have a personal commitment to community development. Applicants should take time to reflect and make sure they resonate strongly with Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust’s vision and mission before considering to apply.
Purpose of the Position
To exceed customer’s expectation by delivering quality training programs and consultation and giving feedback to Supervisor on how to improve training programs in line with changes in the IT industry. Also to provide and maintain efficient ICT support to the project site; provide technical and operational support in the implementation, maintenance and improvement of information technology systems, procedures and activities.
- Carry out curriculum development for, clients/ students in various ICT packages according to the stipulated training curriculums at RTRC.
- Develop schemes of work, course outline, records of work and lesson plans for training
- Provide extra guidance to meet individual needs or learning difficulties (i.e. Consultation)
- Assess and/or grade participants’ performance according to the set procedures and properly file examination records.
- Perform pre-course preparation on time to ensure quality delivery of training
- Maintain a high standard of discipline, being punctual in class and maintain high levels of professionalism in all aspects..
- Conduct/facilitate ICT training courses and in the process take and keep daily attendance registers for the students
- Advice students on IT related issues e.g. other courses they can pursue after completion of the ICT course.
- Give feedback and ideas to supervisor e.g. corrections/modifications or improvements to be done on the courseware
- Review clients/ students feedback with Supervisor and ensure appropriate corrective & preventive actions are taken
- Take responsibility for the class and ensure that it runs smoothly at all times by making alternative arrangements when disruptions occur (e.g. trainer is sick, power cut-offs public holiday e.t.c)
- Take part in Conflict Resolution as well as addressing disciplinary issues amongst students.
- Assist the ICT Coordinator in the Administration of RWMT’s IT network, computing facilities and other data and telecommunications facilities.
- Assist the ICT Coordinator to perform periodic back-ups for all systems.
- Assist the ICT Coordinator in the introduction and technical operation of computer applications.
- Assist the ICT Coordinator in administering the maintenance of new computers and telecommunications equipment.
- Assist the ICT Coordinator to establish and maintain electronic mail connections.
- Assist the ICT Coordinator in ensuring security protection of the LAN and servers.
- Assist the ICT Coordinator in any RWMT database updates or maintenance.
- Carry out timely installation of software in end user classroom training machines and staff machines.
- Assist the ICT Coordinator in maintaining and updating documentation of procedures, configurations, support procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Document the yearly ICT students training budget.
- Assist the ICT Coordinator in enforcing software and hardware security measures by restricting access to the systems to authorized persons only and ensuring security protection of the LAN and servers.
- Assist the ICT Coordinator with the development and maintenance of all Organisational databases including and not limited to Filemaker, library, Business Development, Business solution center and training databases.
- Take part in dissemination of correct information about the organization to the general public.
- Implement the organizations publicity plan as per the laid down time lines.
- Market, advertise and promote RWMT Trainings & the Resource Center.
- Maintain Training & Resource Center information desk.
- Assist in maintaining up to date database of students.
- Maintain a database of all the people who have made inquiries on RTRC courses and share with admin assistant for follow-ups.
Training – Information Management
- Assist in maintaining a database of students, personal details and related lists of all students in RTRC.
- Ensure student profiles and files are kept up to date.
- Keep daily attendance registers for the students.
- File examination records and hand over to Administrative assistant for safe keeping.
- Assist in preparing, collecting and filing monitoring and evaluation data from the students.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in the Saturday Psycho-Social Support Program for Orphaned and Vulnerable Children and build the community’s capacity to eventually run the Saturday PSS on their own.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the management and supervisor from time to time and which are related to the achievement of RWMT’s mission and vision.
- At least a diploma in Computer systems / IT, with hands on experience in training and basic troubleshooting techniques of machine software and hardware. The incumbent should have Interest to develop professional skills in ICT.
- Must have developed good intercultural orientation and strong public relations skills.
- Should possess strong communication, negotiation, and administration skills.
- Should be able to work independently without supervision and to be self-motivated.
- Diploma in Technical instructor in ICT will be an added advantage.
Special Working Conditions
The incumbent will occasionally travel to the field for student home follow up and to market the training programs offered by RTRC.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email: (1) cover letter stating the position for which you are applying, along with current remuneration or last remuneration if currently not employed, (2) three paragraph motivation statement and why you feel you meet the requirements, (3) three references and (4) C.V. to:email@example.com , by 30 May , 2019.
IMPORTANT: All four (4) above mentioned steps must be followed. Applications not following all steps will be automatically disqualified.
NB: We will only respond to the shortlisted candidates, within two weeks of the closure of the advert.