Principal Medical Laboratory Officer Jobs, Laboratory Officer Jobs, Laboratory Technologist Jobs, Medical Jobs, Jobs in Eldoret, Moi Teaching & Referral Hospital Jobs
Job Grade, MTRH 6
Implementation of the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board Act, CAP 253A of 1999, and as amended in 2000. Formulation, implementation, interpretation and review of medical laboratory policies, standards, guidelines and programmes at the hospital. Management and coordination of medical laboratory services. Conduct diagnostic laboratory interventions in liaison with health care stakeholders.
Conduct research in the field of medical laboratory services in liaison with other departments and institutions. Provision of evidence in support of medico-legal and forensic services. Provision of specifications, evaluation and validation of medical laboratory equipment, reagents and chemicals.
Ensure biosafety and biosecurity practices of medical laboratory services. Maintenance of medical workshop records, information, and provision of quality assurance and control in medical laboratory services.
Principal Medical Laboratory Officer responsibilities include:
- Implementing laboratory policies, guidelines, strategies and programs;
- Preparing stains for specimen examination;
- Verifying, approving and recording laboratory findings;
- Screening for blood transfusion infections;
- Preparing blood products;
- Undertaking operational research and disseminating findings;
- Supervising disinfection, washing and sterilizing of apparatus;
- Maintaining equipment and reagents for vector and pesticides monitoring and evaluation;
- Preparing media for culture and sensitivity testing;
- Requisitioning of laboratory consumables and apparatus;
- Investigating disease outbreaks in liaison with other health care providers;
- Archiving specimens of medical importance for reference;
- Preparing periodical reports;
- Maintaining laboratory registers and recording analyzed samples;
- Preparing requisitions for procuring laboratory equipment, chemicals, stains and reagents; and
- Training, mentoring and coaching students and staff.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Served in the grade of Senior Medical Laboratory Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years or in a comparable position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board.
- Sub specialization in any of the following disciplines: Parasitology; Clinical Chemistry Hematology; Blood Transfusion; Virology; Bacteriology; Histopathology; Clinical Cytology; Immunology; Mycology and Epidemiology or equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board.
- Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB).
- Valid practicing license from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board.
- Supervisory Skills Course or equivalent lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in Computer Application.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010,
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Effective communication skills.
- Policy and strategic implementation.
- Risk Management.
- Technical competence.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Empowering/ delegating.
- High standards of professional ethics.
- Managerial, administrative and supervisory skills.
- Coping with pressure and setbacks.
- Project planning and management.
In addition, all applicants MUST attach the following valid documents;
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Compliance Certificate
- Higher Education Loan Board (HELB) Certificate
- National Police Service (NPS) Clearance Certificate
- CRB — Credit Reference Bureau Certificate
- Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) Clearance
Salary Attached to Scales
MTRH 2: Kshs 225,221 X 7,180 — 232,301 X 7,409 — 239,711 X 7,646 — 247,357 X 7,890 255,246 X 8,141 — 2N,388 X 8,401 — 271,789 X 8,669p.m
MTRH 4: Kshs 123,027 x 5,252 – 128,279 x 5,492 – 133,772 x 5,742 – 139,514 x 8 – 145,532 x 6,263 – 151,565 x 6,565 – 158,361p.m
MTRH 5: Kshs. 106,184 x 4,710 – 010,895 x 4,927 – 015, 22 x 5,153 -120,976 x 5,(I 126,366 x 5,639 – 132,005 x 5,899 – 137,905p.m
MTRH 6: Kshs. 81,684 x 4,062 – 85,747 x 4,250 – 89,997 x 4,297 – 94,294 x 4,348 – 9ft (,42 x 4,399 – 103,042 x 4,452 – 107,495p.m
MTRH 9: Kshs. 50,437 x 2,296 – 52,733 x 2,402 – 55,136 x 2,518 – 57,655 x 2,618 – 60,273 x 2,783 – 63,056p.m
MTRH 10: Kshs. 42,137 x 2,193 – 44,330 x 2,289 – 46,620 x 2,418 – 49,038 x 2,546 -51,584 x 2,680 – 54,264 x 2,824 – 57,088 p.m
The successful candidates will still be entitled to applicable allowances to these grades.
How to Apply
If you are innovative, self-starter, results-oriented individual and you meet the above requirements, please send six (6) hard copies of your application with detailed C.V, together with certified copies of your relevant academic/professional testimonials and three (3) letters from referees of whom two (2) must be from your profession to:
Chief Executive Officer
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
Chandaria Cancer and Chronic Disease Centre
P 0 Box 3-30100
The deadline for submitting full applications will be on Friday, 31st May 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital is an equal opportunity Employer. Women, Persons Living with Disability (PLWDs) and those from Marginalized Areas due encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.