Pharmacist Jobs, Medical Jobs, MTRH Jobs
JOB GRADE MTRH 6
- Formulate, implement, review and interpret Pharmaceutical and other related health policies, laws, regulations, guidelines and standards.
- Manage the pharmaceutical supply chain.
- Provide medical and non-medical therapy in patient care.
- Coordinate pharmaceutical services in public health programs.
- Provide medicines used in prevention, control and treatment of diseases.
- Provide Pharmaco-vigilance (monitoring, reporting of adverse drug reactions and poor quality medicines) activities.
- Monitor effectiveness of medication therapy.
- Provide technical advice and pharmaceutical care in approved areas of specialization.
- Undertake laboratory tests of medicines and medical devices to ensure quality assurance.
- Research in the field of pharmacy and healthcare.
- Plan, manage and monitor essential medicines during disasters and emergencies.
- Manage and ensure safe use of licit psychotropic and narcotic substances.
- Provide Health Education and health promotion on rational drug use.
- Provide information to health workers and the general public on new drugs.
- Establish and manage pharmaceutical information system.
- Develop pharmacists’ training syllabi and curriculum for continuing professional development in liaison with training providers;
- Provide Continuing Medical Education for health workers in general and continuous professional development for pharmacists.
- Facilitate training and assessment of Pharmacy Interns and students on clinical experience.
- Co-ordinate and manage pharmaceutical services.
- Develop and review Drug formulary.
- Disseminate and maintain information related to drugs.
- Enforce pharmaceutical quality assurance standards.
- Compound extemporaneous preparations and manufacture of drugs.
- Dispense drugs and medicines to patients.
- Verify and maintain information relating to usage of drugs and medicines.
- Interpret toxicological and clinical data from pharmaceutical analysis.
- Collaborate with drug control agencies to ensure compliance with pharmaceutical laws.
Pharmacists Responsibilities include:
- Screening prescriptions for legal validity, drug contraindications, drug interactions, appropriateness of dose, frequency and duration of dosing and patients convenience;
- Preparation and dispensing of medicines according to Good Dispensing Practices and counseling patients on use of medicines;
- Making of extemporaneous preparations; ordering, receiving, storage and issuing of pharmaceuticals;
- Making entries into the relevant inventory management records;
- Participating in ward rounds to identify and advise on medicinal use, gaps and challenges;
- Filing and safe custody of patients’ prescription records;
- Responding to requests on medicine information from the general public and health workers;
- Monitoring, documenting and reporting of medication errors; and
- Preparing and disseminating drug availability lists to various specialist clinics.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience in a busy hospital.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree from an institution recognized by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Successfully completed one-year Internship.
- Registered by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Valid practicing license from Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Proficiency in computer application.
- Fulfilled requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
- Influencing persuasion and negotiation.
- Effective communication skills.
- Policy and strategic implementation.
- Delivery on quality results.
- Risk Management.
- Technical competence.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Empowering/ delegating.
- High standards of professional ethics.
- Managerial, administrative, supervisory skills.
- Coping with pressure and setbacks.
How To Apply
The successful candidates will still be entitled to applicable allowances to these grades.
If you are innovative, self-starter, results-oriented individual and you meet the above requirements, please send six (6) hard copies of your application with detailed C.V, together with certified copies of your relevant academic/professional testimonials and three (3) letters from referees of whom two (2) must be from your profession to:
Chief Executive Officer
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
Chandaria Cancer and Chronic Disease Centre
P O Box 3-30100
The deadline for submitting full applications will be on Friday, 31st May 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital is an equal opportunity Employer. Women, Persons Living with Disability (PLWDs) and those from Marginalized Areas are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.