Principal Human Resource Officer Jobs, Human Resource Officer Jobs, HR Jobs, Medical Jobs, MTRH Jobs
JOB GRADE MTRH 6
Enable the Hospital achieve its objectives by taking initiatives and providing guidance and support in all matters relating to human resource. Implement and evaluate human resource management policies, strategies, guidelines and procedures. Ensure compliance to legislation and statutes related to Human Resource. Provide human resource consultancy.
Ensure Capacity development of staff. Ensure Human resource planning and succession management. Handle staff welfare, employee and industrial relation matters. Establish performance management systems. Develop and ensure implementation of remuneration and compensation policies and strategies to attract and retain potential candidates.
Principal Human Resource Officer responsibilities include:
- Supervising, planning and programming work in a human resource management section including recruitment, appointments, complement control, employee relations, training, discipline, salary administration and staff welfare within the framework of existing human resource management policies, rules and regulations;
- Preparing briefs on all disciplinary cases received in the Hospital and tabling them before the discipline committee for recommendations;
- Carrying out staff performance appraisal and providing feedback;
- Managing staff welfare programmes;
- Preparing training programmes;
- Reviewing of work programmes;
- Maintaining a strategic overview of HR trends, policies and practices;
- Training and development of staff; and
- Coaching and mentoring of students and staff.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Served as Senior Human Resource Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years or in a comparable position.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following Social Sciences: Human Resource Management, Sociology, Records Management, Public Administration, Business Administration, Business Management, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Post graduate qualification in Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, or Capacity Development from a recognized institution or part I of Certified Public Secretary (CPS).
- Membership to the Institute of Human Resource Management.
- Supervisory Skills Course or equivalent lasting not less than two (2) weeks from recognized institution.
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Fulfilled requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
- Effective communication skills.
- Policy and strategic implementation.
- Risk Management.
- Technical competence.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Empowering/ delegating.
- High standards of professional ethics.
How To Apply
The successful candidates will still be entitled to applicable allowances to these grades.
If you are innovative, self-starter, results-oriented individual and you meet the above requirements, please send six (6) hard copies of your application with detailed C.V, together with certified copies of your relevant academic/professional testimonials and three (3) letters from referees of whom two (2) must be from your profession to:
Chief Executive Officer
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
Chandaria Cancer and Chronic Disease Centre
P O Box 3-30100
The deadline for submitting full applications will be on Friday, 31st May 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital is an equal opportunity Employer. Women, Persons Living with Disability (PLWDs) and those from Marginalized Areas are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.