Regional Finance Director Jobs, Director Jobs, Finance Jobs, NGO Jobs, Save the Children Jobs
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
As a key member of the regional leadership team, you will take shared responsibility for delivering Save the Children’s strategy within the region. You will:
- be the trusted partner of the Regional Director and his / her immediate team on all finance, risk and support services related matters.
- contribute to the development of multi-year strategic and operational plans, and be accountable for ensuring and monitoring delivery against the financial plans through targeted financial analytical review and best-in-class forecasting.
- develop the capacity of Country Office (CO) Finance Leaders and their teams in order that they meet Save the Children International finance and award management essential standards and comply with Save the Children International standard operating procedures.
- ensure that appropriate controls are in place across the region and that financial risk is minimised
- enable appropriate operational and investment decisions to be made on the grounds of sound financial analysis and CO sustainability.
- support financial readiness, planning and response to humanitarian situations.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Significant senior level leadership and management experience in a large and complex international NGO or organisation in finance
- Qualified finance professional with financial management experience at a regional level within a complex global organisation
- Experience of developing and building capacity in a regional finance function
- Experience of implementing/working within strong control frameworks, where an audit background would be desirable
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a matrix management environment. Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets
- Ability to present complex financial information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Experience of exposure to the non-for-profit sector and/or developing countries
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Willingness to undertake significant amounts of travel to the country offices for training, support and capacity building purposes
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
How To Apply
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.