Senior Financial Analyst Jobs, Finance Jobs, Parastatal Jobs, KenGen Jobs
Grade: Level 4
Department: Regulatory Affairs
Division: Regulatory & Corporate Affairs
Section / Unit: Energy Economy
Location / Work station: Stima Plaza, Nairobi
Reports to: Chief Energy Economist
Direct reports: Financial Analyst
Reporting to the Chief Energy Economist, the job holder will be responsible for providing enough decision-making support in matters to do with cost effectiveness and competitiveness of tariffs.
In addition, the job holder will participate in the development and regular update of the corporate Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) financial risk profile for the portfolio and make appropriate recommendations to management.
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve project analysis and tariff setting models.
- Test analyse the impact of the tariffs on the company’s revenue requirements over the forecasted period.
- Participate in the preparation of KenGen tenders in response to the regulator for new power plants.
- Participate in the preparation of PPAS.
- Participate in the development and regular update of the corporate PPA financial risk profile for the portfolio and make appropriate recommendations
- Engage in value analysis on the impact of new legislation and regulations on KenGen’s business ensuring timely communication on all relevant issues.
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
- Make decisions using standard operating procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics or Finance from a recognized university.
- Master’s degree in Finance is an added advantage
- Professional qualification in Finance ( CPA, ACCA) or related field is mandatory
- Member of ICPAK
- Certified Financial analyst (C.F.A.) will be an added advantage.
- At least Seven (7) years’ experience as a Finance officer in a busy commercial/finance working environment and knowledge of Financial Modelling
- Technical skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit application letters complete with detailed resume and copies of academic and professional certificates to:
Human Resource & Administration Director,
6th Floor Room 6.01
P.O. Box 47936-00100
Or send to the following email address: email@example.com
The reference number of the job should be clearly indicated on the envelope.
Detailed job descriptions are posted on our website: http://www.kengen.co.ke/jobs/
Closing date for applications is 17th May 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: KenGen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Canvassing and falsifying or misinterpretation of qualifications will lead to automatic disqualification.