Software Developer Supervisor Jobs, ICT Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, Information Science Jobs, Statistics Jobs, KRA Jobs
Grade: KRA ‘4’ – Supervisor – 3 Year Contract (Renewable)
Department: Corporate Support Services (CSS)
Division: Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Location / Work Station: Nairobi
Supervisor: Assistant Manager, ICT
Supervisee: Officer – ICT
The job holder is responsible for Development, Maintenance and Support of new systems or existing business Systems – iTax
- Review business use cases
- Develop system use cases and system design specifications
- Develops new or enhance existing systems components including internal and external integrations based on agreed requirements.
- Develops standard and adhoc reports and data management scripts as requested.
- Ensures that the approved coding standards are consistently applied in every component developed
- Conducts unit testing of developed components based on agreed quality criteria.
- Prepare documentations (User manuals, Technical manuals, deployment instructions, roll back instructions, Issue and Tickets Logs etc) to ensure that they meet set quality criteria for each component.
- Should be able to package the various components of the solutions being developed.
- Participates in quality review meetings for the system
- Provide guidance on to the technical teams.
- Adhere to change control procedures for the systems
- Provide support for post deployment application issues
- Fix systems issues reported through a controlled process.
- Resolves issues arising from Quality Assurance (QA) tests.
- Prepares progress status reports as guided.
- Participate in software quality assurance (UAT) of the software releases.
- Participate in monitoring the application and integrations
- Carry out Software Cost Estimation and Negotiations
- Develop software solutions using J2EE Technologies
- Optimize Database Queries
- Develop Database Procedures and Packages
- Any assignment given as and when directed by management
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or a related field
- Required Training/knowledge in the following
- Database Development or Administration training i.e. Oracle or PostgreSQL
- Training in Application Development languages i.e. Java
- Training in Application and Web servers namely: JBOSS & Tomcat
- Training in business systems analysis techniques and tools: e.g. Enterprise Architect.
- Training in Application Development tools: – Eclipse, MyEclipse, NetBeans
- Database Development or Administration training i.e. MySQL, MS SQL
- Training in Systems modeling and design techniques
- Training in Operating systems namely Linux, Red Hat, Unix
- Knowledge on some software packaging tools e.g. Ant
- Knowledge on software life cycle tools e.g. HP Load Runner
- Training and working knowledge of reports generation tools and data management tools e.g. Jaspersoft, Crystal Reports
- At least 3 years work experience in a busy application development and support environment
- Team player
- Results oriented
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Planning Skills
- Documentation and report writing skills
- Problem solving skills
- Negotiation skills
How to Apply
All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be submitted online by 5.00 pm on 5th June, 2019.
KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.