Senior Assistant Director, Supply Chain Management
REF. NO: MSEA- 8/5/2019
MSEA GRADE 4
Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Assistant Director, Supply Chain Management will be responsible for providing efficient and effective service in the procurement of goods, works, services and consultancy services to the Authority.
- Preparing estimates of expenditure on supplies and services; Preparing procurement plans and inventory control;
- Reviewing up-dating, interpreting and implementing existing supply chain regulations, procedures and systems;
- Sourcing for suppliers and conducting market surveys;
- Estimating value of Goods and Services by soliciting for multiple quotations from reliable and competitive suppliers in line with prescribed regulations;
- Coordinating and participating in procurement negotiations with suppliers and vendors; Preparing purchase orders and obtaining authorized signatures;
- Monitoring and evaluating the delivery and quality of approved supplies;
- Receiving goods and supplies and verify information on delivery notes and supply requisitions in order to establish the accuracy of orders;
- Coordinating and validating disposal of unserviceable stores;
- Implementing e-procurement strategies.
For appointment to this position an officer must have;-
- Minimum experience of Eight (8) years working experience in Supply Chain Management position in the Public Service or in a comparable position;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Supply Chain Management, Commerce (Supplies Management option), Procurement or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Supply Chain Management, Commerce (Supplies Management option), Procurement or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Membership to the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies, Kenya Institute of Supplies Management or any other recognized institution;
- Certificate in Supply Chain related computer application skills from a recognized institution;
- Leadership Course from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Thorough understanding of the National goals, policies and objectives and the ability to relate them to the procurement function;
- Proficiency in computer application; and
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the mission, vision, and strategies of MSEA and the ability to clearly interpret and apply the role of Micro and Small Enterprise in Kenya’s social economic development and particularly in line with vision 2030.
How to Apply
Application letters should be include detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, 3 referees with their e-mail addresses and telephone contacts; quoting the Reference Number for the job being applied on both the envelope and the application letter.
All applications should either be sent through the post office or hand delivered or emailed to the Chief Executive Officer not later than 10th June, 2019.
The Chief Executive Officer
Micro and Small Enterprise Authority (MSEA)
Utalii House 10th Floor, Left wing
P.O. Box 48823 – 00100
MSEA is an equal opportunity employer .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification