Accountant Jobs, Accounting Jobs, IPOA Jobs
Reports to the Senior Accountant.
- Reviewing payment vouchers and reconciling creditors accounts to ensure accuracy;
- Verifying monthly, quarterly and annual trial balances;
- Making timely statutory payments and filing of their returns;
- Compiling Treasury and Revenue reports as required;
- Organizing for withdrawal of cash for office use and ensuring safety of the same at all times;
- Maintaining asset register and other capital expenditures;
- Maintaining the vote book;
- Analyzing bank reconciliations on monthly basis to ensure correctness; and
- Reviewing all accounts entries and verifying receipts and invoices
- Must be a citizen of Kenya.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce, Business Administration/Management, (Accounting/finance option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Part II or its approved equivalent.
- Certificate in computer application skills.
- Served in the grade of Finance Assistant/Accounts Assistant for three (3) years;
Required behavioural skills
- A candidate must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player;
- Demonstrate high ethical standards;
All applicants MUST attach valid/current clearances from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI); and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their application through Post Office, email, online or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position, on both the cover letter and envelope, together with IPOA Employment Application Form (available: https://portal.ipoa.go.ke/careers/ ), a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, national identity card, names and telephone contacts of three referees, so as to reach the Authority by Friday, 12th July, 2019 to:
Director/Chief Executive Officer,
Independent Policing Oversight Authority,
1st Ngong Avenue, ACK Garden Annex, 2nd Floor,
P.O Box 23035 – 00100, NAIROBI.
Online application portal: https://portal.ipoa.go.ke/careers/
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Locals from Turkana County are encouraged to apply for the Complaints Management Officer II position above.
IPOA is an equal opportunity employer and shall not in its recruitment discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health or social status.