Business Development Officer Jobs, Project Management Jobs, Business Administration Jobs, Jobs in Nairobi, APDK Jobs
Job Reference No: APDK/BDO/1/NAT/2019
Reporting to the APDK National programs manager, the Business Development officer will take an active role the implementation of National programs and is expected to lead in the Designing, Planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and periodical reporting for the designated project. The successful candidate will also be expected to enhance development and management of relationships with all participating stakeholders.
- A degree in Development Studies, Project Management, Business Administration or in Social Sciences.
- Experience in participatory approaches in disability inclusive livelihoods and economic empowerment programming will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of training tools and methods.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience within NGO sector implementing large-scale/complex development program.
- Experience in application of the Human Rights Based Approach (HRBA) in development.
- Demonstrated experience of developing, managing and strengthening public -private partnerships with a range of diverse partners, consortium and alliances in the field of economic empowerment of vulnerable groups.
- Working knowledge of disability sector in Kenya;
- Willingness to adhere and commit to APDK Values and Child protection Policy.
- Effective use of IT including Excel, Navision, Word, Power Point and managing database;
- Excellent writing, communication, facilitation and presentation skills;
- A team leader
- Superior management flair
- Coordinate and Manage designated Programme portfolio and support the Project management in line with contractual obligations.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationship with consortia members, Organizations of Persons with Disabilities (DPOs), participating stakeholders and line Government Ministries and Agencies.
- Take lead in the design of inclusive internship/apprentice Programme including inducting target stakeholders on inclusive employment.
- Support Development of inclusive curriculum for VTIs/TVETS and increase their accessibility and inclusiveness.
- In line with the MEL framework, regularly monitor and report on performance of the Programme.
- Ensure voice of persons with disabilities in the Programme through meaningful participation in decision making process.
- Represent APDK in relevant working groups and ensure learning is shared as appropriate
- Any other duty as will be delegated to by the Programmes Manager
Terms of Contract
The appointment to these positions will be on a two (2) years contract, renewable for one (1) year subject to performance.
The successful candidates for the positions will be offered competitive remuneration.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are required to make their applications as follows: –
Submit application letter together with CV, a letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for APDK, copies of relevant Certificates and National ID to email@example.com or send by post/hand delivery to the address shown below, clearly stating the job reference number on the envelop by close of business on 5th of July 2019 by 5.00pm.
Applications submitted after 5.00 pm on 5th of July, 2019 will not be accepted.
APDK avails equal employment opportunities to all Kenyans. Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Completed applications should be submitted to: –
Association for the Physically Disabled of Kenya
P.O. Box 46747 – 00100,
Nairobi. Waiyaki Way, Opp. ABC Place/Auto Express
(At the Kabete Orthopedic Compound)