Assistant Manager Jobs, ICT Jobs, Manpower Services jobs
Our Client, is a statutory institution whose mandate as a risk minimiser is to provide a deposit insurance scheme for customers of member institutions and to resolve any institution in respect of which the Corporation is appointed receiver or liquidator. The Corporation enhances incentives for sound risk management and generally promote the stability of the financial system.
Our Client is an employer of choice and keen to recruit aggressive individuals to join the premier organization
Officer at this level will be responsible for planning, coordinating and supervising all activities related to the design, development/acquisition and implementation of the Corporation’s Information Systems and software applications. Some of these activities includes but not limited to: – systems administration/management, analysis of business requirements, proposing of viable automation solutions to enhance business operations, system design, system requirements specification, and software development.
- Participate in the formulation of policies relating to acquisition and maintenance of ICT Business systems both hardware and software.
- Planning and implementing server upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches.
- Leading, coordinating and participating in key process improvements as they relate to the business systems development and support
- Develop a standards and procedures manual for Systems Analysis and Design and software development
- Coordinate the collection of information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems.
- Identify options for potential solutions and assess them for both technical and business suitability.
- Translate customer requirements into detailed project plans that meet budgets and deadlines.
- Coordinate system design, coding, testing, development, deployment, and maintenance.
- Coordinate training for users of newly deployed systems
- Performing daily back-up operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriately and tested
- Ensuring effective related hardware maintenance and data recovery from hardware or software failures
- Manage the data centre security features, including HVAC control, environmental alarms, access restrictions
- Enterprise Database Management, configuration and Back up
- Any other assignments as shall be allocated from time to time
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field from a recognized institution.
- A Master’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- System Analysis and Design certification
- MCSE, CRM CISA Certification
- PRINCE2 Certification is an added advantage
- Membership to a relevant professional institution
Professional Work Experience
- At least six (6) years of application development work experience
- Experience in computer programming using Java and J2EE/JBoss application server is preferred.
- Project management experience desired
- Large scale application development experience preferred
- Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP implementation, training & support qualification is an added advantage
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- In-depth knowledge of Systems Analysis and Design
- Understanding of relational databases (MSSQL, MySQL)
- Good understanding of the software development cycle.
- Sound knowledge of networking protocols, EDI messaging, and scripting languages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong leadership, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with strong product management skills
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done
Compliance With Chapter Six (6) Of The Constitution Of Kenya
Applicants are required to immediately initiate self-clearance (Comply with Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya) from: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Department of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board
- A Credit Reference Bureau
Please bring the receipts or evidence of the above self-clearance effort to Manpower Services if invited for the preliminary interview. Do not wait to be invited by Manpower Services for you to commence clearance of Chapter 6 requirements
How To Apply
If you meet the requirements as stipulated above, please email your application letter accompanied with a detailed CV and application clearly indicating your current position, current/past and expected remuneration (monthly salary and allowances) to the following email address: email@example.com on or before close of business on Friday, 5th July, 2019.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing in any way will lead to automatic disqualification. Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.