Chief Learning Officer Jobs, Education Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi, Crystal Recruit Jobs
Our Client, a group of Schools is looking for an experienced Chief Learning Officer to join their team. The ideal candidate should have a knowledge and understanding on what constitutes quality in educational provision, the characteristics of effective schools and strategies for raising pupil achievement. He/she should have a knowledge of how to promote the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of pupils as well as their good behavior through effective management and leadership.
- Leadership at schools and inter-school levels as well as effective guidance for governors/directors of the Company.
- Lead and manage the creation and implementation of a school educational development plan that is underpinned by sound resource planning and which identifies priorities/targets. for ensuring that:
- Effectively monitor, evaluate and review the educational plan to ensure that improvements are on track and that they remain relevant to overall school development/growth.
- Think creatively and imaginatively to anticipate and solve educational problems as well as identify opportunities.
- Create and maintain a school culture and code of conduct
- Effectively determine, organize and implement the curriculum and its assessment programmes; monitor and evaluate these in order to identify and act on areas requiring improvement.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of teaching, the standards of learning and the achievement of pupils (including those with special educational or linguistic needs) in order to set and meet challenging, realistic targets for improvement.
- Oversee that improvement in literacy, numeracy and information/communications technologies (ICT) are priority targets for all pupils including those with Special Educational Needs (SEN).
- Effectively communicate and articulate to pupils, teachers, parents and the wider community on the high expectations of the schools
- Foster an understanding in pupils, teachers, parents and the wider community that all pupils can succeed
- Ensure that effective monitoring and tutorial support systems are in place to aid pupil achievement
- Ensure that effective mentoring systems are in place to support the Heads, staff and aid in pupil achievement
- Develop good and effective relationships within the community and field (including business and industry) so as to provide greater opportunities for the extension of the curriculum and enhanced teaching/learning programmes.
- Create and maintain an effective (as well as positive) partnership with parents, stakeholders and the wider community aimed at enhancing pupil achievement and/or personal development.
- Present a coherent, entirely accurate and well-articulated account of the schools’ performance in all areas, and, in a form that is appropriate to or guided by the governors/directors
- Implement and sustain effective systems for the management of staff performance incorporating appraisal and progress on professional targets set for teachers (including those targets set that relate to improved pupil achievement).
- Develop and sustain appropriate official avenues for the maximization of constructive staff feedback and contribution to the quality of education provided and the improvement of standards
- Develop and lead (and/or draw from, coordinate, support other sources of expertise as appropriate) internal sessions of staff professional development and/or coaching/mentoring programmes.
- Ensure trainee, newly qualified or employed teachers are properly inducted, appropriately trained, monitored, supported and assessed/appraised in accordance with the highest standards (which may include those of the Qualified Teacher Status, Career Entry Profile or Standards for Induction frameworks).
- Create an ethos and provide educational vision/direction which secures effective teaching, successful learning, high levels of achievement and sustainable improvement in all areas.
- Lead and guide staff to develop appropriate mechanisms and programmes for the improved spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils
- Lead and guide staff to develop appropriate mechanisms and programmes to prepare pupils for opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life (or of life outside schooling) and secure their full commitment to the vision and direction of the school
- Ensure that all those who are involved in/with the school are committed to its aims and fully support the long, medium- and short-term objectives/targets set so as to holistically secure school improvement and educational success.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in education or other related fields.
- University degree with specialized experience on Education in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship skills
- Strong educational experience with a sound grounding initiative of teaching and learning in the respective curriculum and accreditation offered by the schools
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Impeccable integrity and diligence
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully under pressure
- Have at least eight years of relevant professional experience in the education sector and in project administration
- Experience with initiating and leading improvement programmes, developing and implementing strategic plans and overseeing change
- Experience in dealing with multi-tenant stakeholders
- An understanding of private equity fund investor issues
- Strong, positive leadership, able to influence service providers and management teams.
- Improved quality of teaching at the schools
- Increased enrollment numbers
- Increased efficiency/ productivity of the teachers
- Training and capacity building in the schools
- Evaluate whether the systems put in place are functioning (base line tests, complaints log etc.)
- Provide an objective review of the school’s performance data by considering its most recent national test results, trends over time, other pupil achievement data, and analyzing the evidence for the school’s improvement.
How To Apply
This opportunity is open to both local and international applicants.
Compensation: Competitive Salary and company benefit
Follow the Link to submit your application.