Clinical Officer Jobs, Medical Jobs, Jobs In Thika, KEMRI Jobs
A KEMRI –CCR Clinical Trials Research Project is currently conducting clinical trials and is looking for motivated individuals to fill in the following positions:
To deliver quality clinical and other reproductive health services to both sero-concordant and discordant couples involved in a HIV prevention project.
- Participate in the setup and implementation of clinical studies in line with study protocols and other guidance documents.
- Track and maintain relevant clinical systems to ensure fidelity to project timelines and other compliance requirements.
- Collect and review data as guided by good clinical and data practices.
- Review laboratory and other participant results and manage as needed
- Participate in general research and study specific seminars, awareness drives and educational activities.
- Liaise with the study physician and other staff as necessary to ensure appropriate patient and participant management
- Participate in and conduct training in research study protocols, best practices, data collection and management etc.
- Generate and draft clinical/ study reports as may be required
- Lead trial working group meetings as required.
- Participate in resolving monitoring findings and queries.
- And any other duties as assigned.
Education and Professional training
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine, preferably in reproductive health
- Those with demonstrated training and competence in reproductive health delivery and couple HIV testing and counselling will have added advantage.
- Be registered by the Clinical officers Council
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with demonstrated direct involvement in reproductive health care and service delivery, and knowledge in HIV care and treatment
- Experience with couple HIV testing and counselling an added advantage
Terms of employment
Employment is a one year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
How To Apply
- All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements.
- Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
- Must include copies of academic and professional certificates.
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 12th June, 2019
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.