Project Communication Assistants Jobs, Communication Jobs, Journalism Jobs, NITA Jobs
National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) has partnered with the Ministry of Public Service, Youth and Gender Affairs to implement the Kenya Youth Employment and Opportunities Project (KYEOP) with support from the World Bank.
The objective of KYEOP is to increase employment and earning opportunities among the youth by empowering them with formal and informal life skills, core business skills, technical training and work experience opportunities.
This is achieved through identified formal and informal training service providers that provide training in occupations that are identified in line with the key economic activities in participating Counties.
In order to ensure delivery of its mandate, KYEOP seeks to recruit results oriented Kenyan citizens with drive, vision and creativity to fill various positions at NITA Headquarters based in Nairobi on a one (1) year renewable contract.
The key responsibility for this function to handle and manage project grievances.
- Handle and give relevant, timely and accurate feedback on inquiries and grievances relating to Component one of the Project as guided by the project Communications Specialist;
- Coordinating receipt of grievances from all stakeholders and ensuring that necessary records of the same are made;
- Supervising the screening and processing of all grievances;
- Ensuring that complainants are attended to and advised on ways to resolve the grievances;
- Monitoring grievances and ensuring that complainants are updated on the status of their grievances;
- Ensuring that data is received, uploaded and updated into the Management Information Systems (MIS) and other relevant KYEOP records;
- Ensuring all correspondence and records are up to date and filed accurately in respective files including e-files;
- Responding to inquiries by complainants and providing appropriate feedback;
- Assisting in preparation of various KYEOP grievance reports as and when required;
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
- Minimum degree in Humanities such as Communication, Journalism, Media Studies, Public Relations, Conflict Resolution or any other related field;
- Additional qualifications in grievance handling and management will be desirable;
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience handling and managing grievances in project set up and or in similar situation;
- Should be 35 years old or less;
- Have the ability to be creative and detail-oriented;
- Have excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Ability to write clearly and concisely;
- Ability to think and work logically and work precisely with attention to detail;
- Self-motivated, energetic, and extremely organized;
- Manages time and priorities efficiently, shows enthusiasm, and allows for flexibility;
- Experience in communications, media or public relations is a plus.
- Must be available for local travel within short notice.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, Corel, and InDesign is preferred.
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills, and Alternative Dispute Resolution [ADR] Skills
- Complaints Resolution skills will be considered an asset.
The Communications Assistant – Grievance Handling and management will be reporting to the Project Communications Specialist.
How to Apply
Interested persons should download and fill the NITA APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT FORM REF: NITA/HR&ADM/HRP/01 from the NITA website www.nita.go.ke.
In addition, please attach copies of professional/academic certificates, testimonials, copy of National Identity Card or Passport in envelopes clearly marked the Reference Number and position being applied for and addressed to:
National Industrial Training Authority
P.O Box 74494-00200
To reach by Friday, 5th July, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
- NITA is an equal opportunity employer;
- Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply;
- Persons from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.