Communication & Social Media Internships, Internships in Kenya, Communication Jobs, Journalism Jobs, Public Relations Jobs, Alternate Doors Jobs
Our Client is currently looking to hire a Communication and Social Media Intern.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, speeches, and other information that communicates the organization’s activities.
- Be in charge of the company website including developing and updating information.
- Assist management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our constituency.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Produce news-writing of high standard on tight deadlines.
- Produce materials for advocacy and communication purposes on emerging issues in the continent for action and /or inputting into reports.
- Keep the company informed on any breaking news in the continent and world at large.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Active participation as a member in a good standing church.
- A recent (last 2 years) graduate (degree) of Communication, English, Journalism, Public Relations, or its equivalent.
- Represent a high level tactical communications and strategic communications expertise.
- Proven strong social media skills.
- Strong understanding of the continental and global media environment.
- Proficiency in software tools for journalists.
- Age, below 30 years.
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently and with minimum supervision even under pressure.
- Should demonstrate professional expertise in the relevant work area.
- Proficiency in English is required and knowledge of French is an added advantage.
- Must have knowledge in use of MS Office packages including advanced word, Power Point, and Excel.
How to Apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org