Deputy University Librarian Jobs, Librarian Jobs, Karatina University Jobs
- Liaising with the University Librarian in planning and coordination of library services.
- Marketing the library through publications of bulletin, manuals and guides, attending to official correspondence, career development and counseling.
- Performance evaluation.
- Training and professional development.
- Budget preparation and harmonization.
- Promotion of staff welfare.
- Participating in Resource Mobilization activities.
- Undertaking labour relations/public relations.
- Responsible for staff development and capacity building.
- Facilitating library services user education and
- Any other duties as may be assigned by senior officer.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have;
- Doctorate degree in the relevant field from a recognized institution;
- At least four (4) years relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge of Information Communication Technology.
- Membership registration to a relevant professional body.
- Published at least two (2) relevant refereed publications.
Terms And Conditions Of Service
The successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the existing Terms and Conditions of Service.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit two (2) copies of applications giving details of their educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present, post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address. Enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and area of specialization, accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and a copy of the most recent pay slip.
In addition, applicants should request their referees to write directly to the undersigned, in separate sealed envelopes. Interested applicants should send the applications to the address below, quoting the relevant reference number, so as to be received on or before
Tuesday 2nd July, 2019.
The Vice Chancellor
P.O. Box 1957- 10101
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.