Project Drivers Jobs, Driver Jobs, NITA Jobs
The key responsibility for this function is to drive project vehicles assigned and ensure safety not only for the motor vehicles but also for the passengers (project team)
- Drive motor vehicle as authorized to approved official functions in a manner compatible with recognized local and international safety standards
- Be responsible for routine checks, perform basic day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle; perform minor repairs and arrange for regular check-ups and repair of unit’s vehicles including checks on the vehicle(s) cooling; oil; electrical and braking system amongst others.
- Maintain work tickets of vehicles assigned, including maintaining records of project vehicle, logging official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption and other mechanical services of the vehicle.
- Follow up on renewal of vehicle insurance, inspection and other related compliances.
- Ensure security and safety of vehicles on and off the road.
- Detect and report any vehicle system malfunction.
- Oversee and ensure safety of authorized passengers/goods.
- Maintain cleanliness of motor vehicle.
- Provide communication link with project staff.
- Maintain accurate, up to date record on vehicle condition report, fuel consumption.
- Administer first aid.
- Support other project tasks including taking photographs during official functions.
- Undertake other official functions including support to office management, delivering letters/project documents and photocopying amongst other official tasks.
- Completed Secondary School Education, KCSE Certificate; minimum Grade D Plain or its equivalent qualification;
- Valid license for the last five (5) years, and proof of driving minimum five (5) years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair;
- Suitability test for drivers;
- Occupational Trade Test II for drivers;
- Defensive driving certificate from a recognized institution;
- First-aid Certificate;
- Certificate of good conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI);
- Show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Ability to manage motor vehicle fleet and familiarity with other office operations like photocopying and computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- A client oriented approach to work.
- Respect, tact and consideration for different cultures in all communications.
- Skills to manage relationships.
- Capacity to work for long hours
- Fluent in Kiswahili, English and native language
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues
The Driver will be providing services under the daily guidance of the Project Front Office/Administration Assistant and or the County Project Coordinator, with overall guidance of Projects Operations Officer.
How to Apply
Interested persons should download and fill the NITA APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT FORM REF: NITA/HR&ADM/HRP/01 from the NITA website www.nita.go.ke.
In addition, please attach copies of professional/academic certificates, testimonials, copy of National Identity Card or Passport in envelopes clearly marked the Reference Number and position being applied for and addressed to:
National Industrial Training Authority
P.O Box 74494-00200
To reach by Friday, 5th July, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
- NITA is an equal opportunity employer;
- Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply;
- Persons from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.