The Early Childhood Development Specialist will oversee our initial exploratory work. The Specialist will be responsible for investigating leading opportunities identified by staff, families, and One Acre Fund leadership. The aim will be to launch a pilot program to test our leading ideas and determine if we can improve key development outcomes for young children .
- Investigate leading investment opportunities related to early childhood development in rural Kenya. We will focus on ideas which have the most potential to improve key development outcomes.
- Engage with families to better understand current needs and opportunities.
- Collaborate with other One Acre Fund teams to set up a possible pilot program.
- Support recruitment for any staff needed for pilot program.
- Lead day to day operations of pilot program.
- Implement screenings to assess child progress in any pilot program.
Career Growth And Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Early Childhood Development Specialist specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include leading or playing an important role in an early childhood development program.
- Experience working directly with children is highly preferred.
- Identifiable key achievements made in improving Early Childhood Education (i.e. Key Performance Indicators met, Objectives and Key Results created and achieved).
- Proven English communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to initiate projects and work independently to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong educational background; Bachelors or Masters degree(s) in education, especially Early Childhood Development strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- High level of detail orientation and organization.