Economic Security Generalist II Jobs, Agriculture Jobs, Economics, Development Studies, Sociology Jobs, NGO Jobs, ICRC Jobs,
Duration: Maternity Reliever
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
Economic Security Generalist 2 plans, implements and monitors the ICRC’s economic security program in line with the country strategy and under the supervision and guidance of his/her hierarchical superior. S/He implements the EcoSec activities and resources in the areas of assignment according to agreed objectives and plan of action. S/He reports on the progress and achievements of the program as required. S/He ensures a smooth working relationship and effective coordination with Kenya Red Cross Society at field level. Travel remit 75% field work in Lamu and Garissa Counties.
- S/he is the focal point for Village Savings and Loan Associations (VSLAs) Project;
- Carries out assessments, implementation, as well as monitoring visits and evaluation of the EcoSec projects together with Kenya Red Cross Society teams;
- Supports in development of data collection tools and data analysis;
- Assists EcoSec Coordinator in identifying operational strategies and defining short and mid-term plan of actions;
- Provides regular feedback/progress reports in a timely manner, contributes to Weekly Highlights, Quarterly EcoSec Reports, Monitoring for Results, Minutes of Meetings, assessment reports, monitoring reports in a timely manner.
- University degree in Agriculture, Economics, Development Studies, Sociology, Animal Production, Veterinary Science or related fields;
- Minimum four years of experience in food security, relief, livelihoods and capacity building projects ranging from assessments, designing, implementation (both in kind and cash transfers), monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience in community mobilization, sensitization, disseminations and organization (preferably with Humanitarian sector background)
- MUST be fluent in written and spoken English as well as Somali and Kiswahili languages;
- MUST be Computer Proficient.
How to Apply
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before the 18th June 2019 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via: E-mail: email@example.com
The reference Economic Security Generalist II must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.