General Manager Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Finance Jobs, Virtual HR Jobs
Our Client is a small sized maize milling firm located in Nairobi, Kenya. They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the General Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management and the overall responsibility for business operations. The incumbent will be required to establish systems to collect metrics, analyze productivity and set performance targets that will meet revenue and cost goals as well as increase operating efficiency.
Also, recruiting and managing staff to ensure alignment with overall business objectives and maximizing financial performance of the business.
- Directing, monitoring and coordinating the business unit to ensure that they are operating efficiently and effectively within budgetary limits.
- Directing and coordinating organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Establishing and implementing business unit policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, in consultation with Managing Director.
- Reviewing financial reports, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Developing a strong distribution network and sales team to achieve exponential growth.
- Determining staffing requirements, recruiting and managing optimal staff complement to achieving organizational goals.
- Managing staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Developing a strong performance management culture with measurable metrics and align to employees’ goals.
- Driving accountability for adherence to standard practice back to the management team to ensure the provision of accurate information and the appropriate use of reports prepared for the business.
- Stock-take follow-up and analysis, preparation, evaluation and reconciliation of stock takes and variance of cumulative works orders.
- Assisting the Factory Manager in interpretation and analyzing of factory activities
- Maintaining health and safety standards in line with the relevant law by overseeing external regulatory/stakeholder engagement to ensure compliance.
- Developing a customer centric culture throughout the company.
- Ensuring company policies and legal guidelines are communicated from top down and that they are always followed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or any related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive managerial experience with at least 3 years at a senior level
- Knowledge and experience related to supply chain and manufacturing operations and preparation of analysis reports
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing environment would be added advantage
- Demonstrable experience in budget making, strategy formulation and execution to achieve results.
- Thorough knowledge of market changes and forces that influence success of a company
- Demonstrate strong skills in sales and marketing
- Demonstrate strong understanding of corporate finance and performance metrics
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office products
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Demonstrate excellent communication, strong negotiation skills, outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities, excellent organization and leadership skills
- Demonstrate familiarity with corporate law and management best practice
- Presentable and well groomed.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading “GENERAL MANAGER” by Thursday 27th June 2019 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.