Graphic Designer Jobs, Communication Jobs, Public Relations Jobs, Journalism Jobs, KMTC Jobs
Terms Of Service: 3 Year Contract
Ref. No. KMTC/QP- 12/ EAF/ 22/ 2019
Tenable: KMTC Headquarters, Nairobi
- Performing desktop publishing to produce a variety of print material and publications, using relevant computer systems and software applications;
- Assist in the layout and creation of information materials;
- Assist with scheduling of various components of the production process, e.g. copy and proofreading, graphics, translation services, typesetting, printing;
- Liaises with relevant parties on job specifications and required approvals;
- Design and produce content for use in multiple platforms including digital and social media;
- Tracks and monitors production flow to ensure that deadlines are met;
- Study design briefs and determine requirements;
- Conceptualize visuals, develop illustrations and other designs using editing software;
- Research to obtain facts to validate a story;
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and follow brand guidelines.
- Have a Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Journalism; Mass Communication; Communication Studies; Public Relations or any other approved equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Knowledge of standard industry production and printing processes, including desktop publishing, design and layout using major software.
- Evidence of portfolio showing diverse material produced.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict timelines.
- Ability to research, analyze and present material clearly and concisely.
- Be organized and detail oriented.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and Integrity.
- Be computer literate.
In addition, applicants for all the above positions will be required to submit copies of membership of Professional Registration (where applicable); Certificates of clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC); Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and a Certificate of Good Conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI).
How to Apply
Applicants whose backgrounds and competencies match the specifications are invited to send their applications, quoting the vacancy position and enclosing updated curriculum Vitae, copies of Academic and professional Certificates, National Identity card and day time telephone contact, to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Medical Training College
P O Box 30195-00100,
So as to reach him not later than Friday, 12th July 2019
The Kenya Medical Training College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to implementing affirmative action. In this regard women, persons with disability and minorities with the requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.