Principal Legal Counsel, Risk & Compliance Jobs, Banking Jobs, Legal Jobs, KCB Bank Jobs
Reporting to the Director, Legal Services & Company Secretary; this position leads a team to manage the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of legal risk and compliance requirements and actions with regard to established laws and regulations. The position also ensures that the organization is up-to-date with existing, proposed or new legislation and the requirements to be met by the organization to be in compliance with legislation or regulations.
- Legislation and regulation analysis (review and analysis, preparation of position statements, business advisory, compliance tracking). Consolidation of analysis of legislation and advisory statements (position statements and resultant action matrix).
- Legal risk and compliance advisory (on business activities, projects, procedures and policies).
- Overall management of risk related divisional activities (DORCCO, KRIs. RCSA. KCSA, Ethics Compliance, BIA, RVA, BCP & disaster recovery, audit tracker and crisis management).
- Regulatory issues management (review and analysis and position statements on regulatory compliance – CBK, CMA, CA, IRA, RBA, CAK, KAMP, PRISK).
- Intellectual Property (IP): register and maintain data/information on service marks, trademarks, logos for KCB Group. Handle disputes arising thereof (e.g. infringements of IP and/or Copyrights). Intellectual property registration and life cycle management.
- Case law management (internal and external case law and legal opinions).
- Policies, procedures and standards (including process flows, templates and forms) (creation, maintenance, versioning and retirement).
- Management of authorities and authority limits (powers of attorney, authority limits sign off requirements, expenses, file processes and consent judgments).
- Preparation and dissemination of practice notes, FAQs and training materials and guidelines.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Degree in Law (LL.B) from a recognized university.
- Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
- Advocate of the High Court.
- 7 years post admission experience.
- Experience in legal drafting, corporate and commercial law, dispute resolution and legal risk management.
- Excellent communication and advocacy skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
How to Apply
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 28th June 2018
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable