Principal Legal Counsel, Litigation Jobs, Legal Jobs, KCB Bank Jobs
Reporting to the Director, Legal Services & Company Secretary, this position leads a team to manage all litigation and dispute resolution processes and provides legal advisory to the Retail and Branch network on legal issues with a view to mitigating legal risks and prevent adverse consequences to the Bank.
- Manage all major litigation and disputes in which the Bank is a party to ensure the bank is adequately represented including appearing before any court or tribunal as a witness or to watch brief as necessary.
- Conduct legal research, collate evidence, prepare witnesses for pre-trial and hearing, develop concept papers, prepare legal briefs and opinions as well as develop effective defence strategies, arguments and testimony in preparation for legal proceedings of cases in liaison with external lawyers. Create legal awareness and provide advice on suitable action to avert and/or minimize litigation.
- Manage and measure external lawyers’ performance to ensure efficiency.
- Manage litigation costs to a minimum including but not limited to negotiating suitable settlements in favour of the Bank where deemed appropriate and also scrutinizing legal fees and ensure they are raised in accordance with the Remuneration Order and Service Level Agreement.
- Manage database of all litigation to ensure the same is consistently up-to-date and prepare relevant reports, presentations and analysis of all litigation monthly/quarterly or as may be required.
- Manage all debt collection related matters and create legal awareness and provide advice on suitable action to avert and/or minimize litigation including ensuring all Statutory Demand Notices are issued correctly and in time.
- Provide legal advisory to special assets team in corporate restructuring of facilities.
- Render legal guidance to Retail branches on matters relating to bank policies, processes and procedures on all queries received with a view to mitigating legal and reputational risks.
- Peruse, review and analyze quarterly reports and court judgments and make recommendations to the business on the findings and also take corrective action where appropriate.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Law (LL.B)
- Diploma in Law.
- Advocate of the High Court.
- 7 years post admission experience.
- Experience in legal drafting, corporate and commercial law, dispute resolution and legal risk management.
- Excellent communication and advocacy skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply
The above position is a demanding role which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level (for external applicants), e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field
To be considered your application must be received by June 28, 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Certificate of Good Conduct (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service as applicable